XXX. FUTURE&DREAMS

Depuis le début

He cracked a laugh, "Yeah. That sounds perfect. We planning to stay in England?"

"Of course. If they survive to live long enough, I'd want to stay near Mum and Dad. Maybe ..."

"London," Regulus suggested. Jasmine snorted out loud.

"No, that's too close to Mum and Dad," she laughed. He gave her a smile. "How about ... Liverpool?"

He gave a shake of the head. "Too many wizards and witches." Jasmine agreed silently. "What about Cornwall?"

She gasped. "Yes! It's great down there. We used to go every summer."

"Imagine how great of a childhood our future kids will have. Growing up in a place surrounded by water and sand," Regulus said softly. "God, I can't wait."

"How many children do we want?" Jasmine asked. "One? Two?"

"Three.." he said. Jasmine nodded. "Two boys and a girl. That way, she can be Daddy's girl, and I'll spoil her and treat her like a princess."

Jasmine was uncontrollably blushing, and she burst into laughter. "One day, Regulus. One day, we're going to have everything we ever wanted."

She took in a big breath and laid her head on his lap again, just like before.

The thing that kept her through the day was telling herself that .. one day, everything will be perfect. And one day, she will never have to worry about the person she loved being abused.

***

"You're joking, yeah?"

Jasmine looked up. Sirius was talking to her.

"What..?" Jasmine asked. She had zero idea what he was talking about. "Joking about what?"

"Why'd you tell Regulus that you found out?" Sirius said, his voice too calm and relaxed.

Jasmine was wearing a blank face. She furrowed her eyebrows and her eyes met with Sirius' dark blue ones.

"He deserves to know that I know," she scoffed. Sirius shook his head and took a seat next to her on the sofa-chair.

"I wasn't meant to tell you. And now he's mad at me. You weren't even meant to be in that conversation, Jas."

"I wasn't in the conversation. I just heard those words as I was walking down the stairs! How was I meant to ignore them?"

Sirius sighed. "Fuck."

Jasmine had a piece of parchment placed in her lap. She went over the lines with her fingers as Sirius that there with his thoughts. She looked up at him. He wore an expression of distress.

"You won't tell anyone, will you, Jasmine?" he asked.

She shook her head. Sirius sucked in a breath and stood up. He gave her an assuring smile, then said, "This whole 'disowning' thing is not easy at all."

Jasmine brought herself to crack a smile at his joke. "I'm just happy you're out of that place. It hurts me to think that Regulus has to stay there ..."