Scrooge McDuck

Chapter two folks!

===

Goldie's greatnephews just stared at her in shock.

"Wait, what?!"

"Your ex as in ex-boyfriend?" Huey pressed his aunt for answers.

"Ex-partner, ex-rival, ex-everything." Goldie sighed. "Now come on, let's get out of here." Louie silently cheered at that, but it was too late for that as Goldie's old flame had spotted her.

Scrooge lazily walked into the ballroom, coming to a halt before Goldie.

"Watch your wallets, boys." She warned.

"Please, Goldie, Ae wouldnae steal from yer wee lads. Ae have standards too, ye kn-" Scrooge was rather rudely cut off by Goldie.

"Scrooge McDuck, tougher than the thoughies, and smarter than the smarties. Thought I heard the clatter of miserly spats."

"Goldie O'Gilt, tha Richest Duck in tha World. That clatter was probably yer brittle bones settling in, ye mendacious minx!"

"I feel both disturbed and intrigued." Dewey said to his brothers. They could do nothing but nod and stare fascinatedly.

"Ah, hello there Goldie. Didne see you there." Flinheart Glomgold appeared from somewhere, slinging an arm around Scrooge's shoulders.

"This is my best friend who has kindly agreed to attend this gala as my Guest of Honor, Scrooge McDuck. Oh, your ex you say, how awkward this must be for you."

"Ae am not yer friend Glomgold. Ae'm only attending this party because it is mah duty to do so as an upstanding citizen of Duckburg. Nothin more, nothin less. " Scrooge rolled his eyes and carefully extracted Glomgold's arm from his person.

"Does it make your blood boil with jealousy to see the love of your life being best friends with your most hated nemesis?" He gave an evil laugh. Unfortunately for him, Scrooge completely ignored him, handed him his cane, and placed Goldie's hand within his own.

In a matter of seconds, the two ducks were on the dance floor.

Glomgold let out a scream of frustration, but no one paid him any attention

"It's been a long time, darlin," Scrooge whispered to Goldie as they waltzed around the dance floor. He smirked as she blushed. "And yet, it feels too soon."

Goldie spun them mid-way through their dance, having regained her composure.

"Your tango's as rusty as your joints, old man." Scrooge recognized a challenge when he saw one. And he was not a duck to back down.

"Let's see if ye call this rusty, Gold." The two of them danced gracefully together, uncaring of the eyes of everyone in attendance fixated on the spectacle they caused.

"Not bad." Goldie admitted. "But next time, let the lady lead." She smirked as she dipped Scrooge without warning, satisfaction written all over her features as she heard his joints crack. "See what I mean by rusty?"

Scrooge merely glared at her, allowing her to dip him a second time. In one fluid movement, he had snatched the wallet of an unsuspecting swan, and mocking held it up in front of Goldie's face. She scowled and tucked the bird's wallet back into his pocket.

"Ooo, Goldie has a cru-uush!" Louie cheered, making kissy faces at the two.

Goldie did well on steadfastly ignoring the childish antics of her nephews.

"Looking younger than the last time I saw you, Gold."

"Found a fountain of youth a couple decades ago in Wronguay. And you?"

"Got stuck in a demon dimension."

"Ah, which one? Pandemonium or Demogorgone?"

"Demogorgone. Ae nabbed the Eye of Demogorgona, makes one impervious ta burns. The devils wouldn't let me out till Ae returned it," Scrooge rolled his eyes, "so Ae caused a revolt and escaped."

"I was just in time to stop that uprising!" Goldie surprisedly said. "We must have just missed each other."

"A shame," Scrooge mused. "It woulda been lovely to see yer face again, darlin."

Goldie flushed again. Get a grip O'Gilt! She said to herself in her mind.

"Cut the act, McDuck. Why are you really here?" She growled.

"Why da ye always think Ae'm up ta something?" Scrooge amusedly asked her in return.

"Because wherever you go, you leave a flaming wreak behind!"

"Cannae start a fire without a spark, can we now, Gold?" Scrooge pulled her in close, about to kiss, when they were interrupted by Glomgold.

Goldie huffed. "Oh, come on!"

"Ladies, gentlemen, and hated rivals, I am proud to present to you a new exhibit, dug up by my very own oil mining crew in the Yukon. Behold, the frightful, the terrible, monstor of the Klondike!"

As the cloth covering the skeleton fell, Goldie's face morphed into one of shock. "It can't be!"

"But it is." The last thing she saw before the room was plunged into darkness was the devilish smirk on Scrooge's face.

The lights came on around a minute later.

Goldie looked around and blinked in confusion, noticing the missing head of the mammoth skeleton. Her eyes widened in recognition. "Scrooge McDuck." She growled out.

"Woah, Aunt Goldie, what happened?" Louie questioned.

"No time to explain, pup. We have to get to Mansion before he does."

===

Another update! So since these chapters are so short, I'll be updating this fic slightly faster.

Leave a review if you enjoyed!