𝐈𝐕

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐕: 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐏𝐓

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐕: 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐏𝐓. 𝟐

𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐍𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐘 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐄. She had made an extra few weapons, varying in size and weight, and had retreated away from the camp so that she could clear her head. She just sat, leaning on a tree and watching the butterfly's wings dance slowly. It stayed stationary, and so did Maggie, afraid that if she were even to draw breath, the butterfly was going to leave. But, in the end, it did anyway, and Maggie waited for the next one to land somewhere on her.

Her side hurt less now. Maybe it was the effect Earth's beauty had on her. It could soothe her and make her feel as though nothing could go wrong in the world. Despite this, she still took extra care when shifting around, careful not to irritate it too much. It wasn't deep, it was just in an uncomfortable spot. It felt like wearing a binder for days on end, only to be replaced with a new one once that one got dirty. It was annoying her chest area. 

Another butterfly landed on her bicep. Her bare bicep. That meant she could feel every one of those little legs tickle her arm as it explored the new creature in its home. She giggled. The butterfly stayed on her bicep. It seemed to turn its long antennae towards her, looking at her. It was then she noticed that it had one long antennae and one smaller one. She smiled softly.

"I'm gonna call you Artemis," she whispered to the glowing creature. Artemis. Daughter of the god Zeus and and goddess Leto. Twin sister to the god Apollo. Greek goddess of the hunt, wilderness, wild animals, the moon, and chastity. Sworn a virgin forever, she, too, must have glowed like the moon at some point. Just like this little butterfly. She's have to introduce Bellamy later. 

 A familiar laugh caught her ear, and Maggie quickly sunk deeper into the tree. Artemis scattered from her bicep and onto the tree above her. She peeked out around the trunk, her eyes catching the younger Blake sibling. 

She looked so happy. Her arms outstretched as the butterflies landed on her, wondering who this little girl was. Her smile was so wide Maggie worried it might crack her face. The dusk ignited her eyes, and they were full of joy. She spun in a circle slowly, bouncing her arms. A boy, Atom, Maggie recalled, ran up behind her, stopping short at the sight in front of him. He discreetly breathed a sigh of relief, and Maggie smirked internally. What a surprising turn of events.

Before she could see anything that she might not want to see, Maggie slipped silently away, unnoticed by the two teenagers staring at each other. Miraculously, she didn't step on any twigs or anything that might make noise, making her way back to the bustle of the camp, boarding the drop ship where Monty would most certainly be working. On her way, she collected her weapons which no one had touched yet. She climbed the ladder, and, lo and behold, there he was in all his glory.