:Genius: Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

"Okay." Then I let her drag me past the chaperones, where I almost paused as I saw Mack and Lucy talking next to all of the other chaperones. I scanned their body language, hoping to get a hint of what they were talking about. Mack noticed me he had a smirk on his face as he talked to her. He was trying to convince her of something.

"Don't spend all of your time trying to read people." Asha said, glaring at me, amused. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Stop trying to read me." I replied, letting her distract me, no matter how normal I had become, everything seemed so abnormal. I was brought back to reality by Asha paying for my cinema ticket.

"What are you doing?" I almost shrieked, not that I mind when people buy my thing, but something with Asha made me want to buy her things, like what you'd feel with a little sister.

"I'm buying us the tickets, why?" She threw me a sly grin, and I kept my stare on her.

"I can pay, Asha." I told her, smiling at the boy behind the till, I went to get the money out of my bag, but she got there first, glaring at the boy.

"Don't take her money, she's feeling guilty, make sure our seats are exactly in the centre. Count if you have to."

It took long enough to get annoyed looks from staff to find the perfect seats. Asha, became annoyed after the third suggestion from the boy behind the till, which wasn't in the centre.

Finally, we got the tickets, popcorn and other goods, which I insisted on paying, but Asha took over once again. Subconsciously, I knew it was because she had seen herself take over a big sister role, and wanted to fulfil it to the full, but all I could think of was was a older women with big, fuzzy hair working her hair out to get Asha here.

That was why she was so bent on getting the highest grades she could, that was why she was the control freak.

She was spending all of her spare money on me, and I could only think about the money in my bank, as soon as I turned eighteen I would have enough money to pay for her tuition five times over.

"Come on, Jane. The movie is starting in five minutes!" Asha exclaimed, knocking me out of my thought bubble. I smiled at her and let her drag us into the showing.

"What seats are we?" I asked. She looked, staring at the ticket.

"Er-"

"What?" I asked, alarmed at the look on her face.

"It says I'm seat K-14..." I looked at her funny.

"So?" She smiled nervously.

"It says you're seat K-16." I grabbed the two tickets and stared at them, sure enough, there was a seat in between us.

"How? I thought you sorted everything out, you were with him for five minutes!" I exclaimed, staring at her accusingly.

"Yea, but when I told him which seats were perfect I looked back at you to make sure you hadn't wandered off." I sighed, laughing slightly.

"I can't blame him, if I was in his place getting yelled at by some chick with frizzy hair, I'd have probably separated us to opposite ends of the room." She narrowed her eyes.

"We can't change the seats, Jane! These were perfect!" She exclaimed, glaring at the entrance, people passed us, staring slightly at the two girls just standing in front of the entrance to the movie. "Can we just ask whoever it is to swap with us?" I shrugged at her, we probably could.

"I just hope the person sitting in between us isn't obnoxious." I told her, letting her lead the way to our seats. The person who was our divider wasn't sitting down, and so the adverts came on.