Chapter 6

I ran back in to see if Carter was finished with her work. "Carter" I call out joyfully. "Yeah, I'm in the computer room, I'll be right out" she calls. I bit my bottom lip with excitement, I can't believe it finally going shopping.

We walked, well more like she walked and I followed with her help. We entered a shop since I heard a bell ring and definate change of temperature. It smelled sweaty, but not as bad as a locker room.

"Sis come on" Carter pulled me along in his unfamiliar area. She sat me down on a plush bench while she went looking for clothes. I know all people think is that I see black, but I don't because I don't know what black really looks like. Though my sister tells me that I look good in it and can't go wrong with black and white.

"Hello can I help you" a soft male voice asks me. Because I am wearing my glasses he can't see my eye's. "Just fine, waiting for my sister to come back" I smile. "Well if you need help don't hesitate to call for me, I'm Isaac by the way if you need help" he then walked away.

"So I got the clothes" Carter said making me jump. Sometimes I swear she can sneak up on anyone, like a ninja. "Sweet, can I feel" I ask. I know it sounds weard, but that is how I make decisions on clothes. If it feels comfortable and fits. Unlike others I don't care for style since I can't see it anyway. She hands me the clothes and I feel all the different fabrics. The best thing about Carter is that she can describe things so I understand them. Like instead of saying light blue low cut shirt she would say, a soft breeze color and a more open chest.

When we are finished I got two new pairs of black jeans, a black and white horizontal stripped shirt and a black summer dress. She on the other hand got new flannels, some tank tops, jeans and some shorts.

"So who was that guy you talked to" Carter asked me on our way home. "His name was Isaac and he asked if I needed help" I tell her. "Well that's cool" she said as we crossed thw street holding hands. I hear two sets of foot steps behind us. "Hey ladies" I hear one say. "Where are girls like you going" the other asked. They were now in our way making us stop on the sidewalk. "Away from you" Carter snaps. "Why, we aren't going to hurt you" he first guy says. "Just leave us be" Carter says. "Come one" he guys says then I hear a crunch and the guy crying out. "Bitch broke my nose" he groaned. "Chris hold this" she hands me her bags.

I hear her and the second guy fighting, but all of the crys of pain are coming from the guy. Then I hear the guy fall to the ground. "Dude these chicks ain't worth it" the second guy says. "Want me to beat you to a pulp" Carter threatens and the guys scrabble away. "My sister the hero" I say dramatically. "Whatever let's just get home" she pulls me all the way home.

We decided to not tell mom and dad about the fight, but about shopping which they found cool. I was just excited that I get to show Ervin my new dress. I hope he thinks it's beautiful.

After dinner we get to bed. Carter was going to go with Dad to work tomorrow so that she could help out with a new design project. And I finally convinced them to leave me home alone tomorrow. Maybe then I can finally feel what Ervin looks like.

I fall asleep ready for what tomorrow will bring. Independence, fun and Ervin.