Six: Troglobha Terran

Start from the beginning

"Do you trust me?"

Vidurram, not letting his confused gaze leave the Sìthicris' porcelain face, nodded his head.

He then watched her lift her now glowing hand, as she placed her extended index finger upon his chest. The violet light radiating from her skin trailed behind her every movement as she drew an eight-pointed star within a circle on him, and did the same thing to herself. She then grabbed his large, khaki coloured hands and made them glow with that same violet light. They both watched the magic dim and change into a deep autumn orange as the symbols on their chests sank under their skin.

"What was that?" Vidurram breathed.

"A protection spell," Fìorea replied, no longer feeling the need to whisper - despite the Sìthicris that stood merely yards from their hiding place. The sudden loudness of her voice made the Troglobha cringe. "Don't worry, no one will be able to hear or see us now. We are free to do as we please! Come on!"

Fìorea got to her feet; raising no alarms from her kin. She began making her way into the wilderness that lay between both of their homelands. Listening out for the heavy footsteps of the Troglobha, she halted when no sound came to her ear.

"Come on, Vidurram!" she called to him. "Don't you still want to show me your home?"

A gleam of white reflected the light of the stars as the Troglobha gave her a small, nervous smile. With clumsy movements, he got to his feet and ran to Fìorea's side - leaving deep footprints in the dusty ground of the wilderness.

They walked together side-by-side. The wind made swirling patterns with the loose earth before them and played with their hair as they took each stride.

"Why would you have such a spell at your disposal?" Vidurram asked the question that squeezed at his insides. "I mean have you ever used it before?"

"No," Fìorea answered, not picking up on his accusatory tone. "No Sìthicris but myself knows this spell even exists. I only learned it earlier today."

"How did you come to know it?" Vidurram questioned her further.

"Illuminare-Trabem." Vidurram looked at Fìorea with a raised brow that spurred her to jump into a better explanation. "Oh, sorry, Illuminare-Trabem means Bright Beam in your tongue, that is the name of the wise power who shines upon our lake."

Vidurram gave her a silent nod, and moved his focus back to the journey ahead.

"Do you have something like that at Troglobha Terran, erm Troll Land?"

"Indeed," Vidurram answered in a monotonous voice. "Something like it."

His demeanour was hard to read, Fìorea looked at the hardness within his eyes as he walked - such an intimidating look made her heart flutter.

"H-have I offended you?" she queried with a tremor in her words.

"Not at all," Vidurram answered in that same tone that didn't sit well within his walking partner.

They walked the rest of the way in silence, an awkward silence that crushed around them both. Until Vidurram finally spoke up.

"Here we are, here is my home."

As soon as they stepped onto the lush grass within the giant gate that allowed them access to Troglobha Terran. Vidurram's demeanour calmed and he let out a deep sigh. He turned to Fìorea with a wide smile upon his face. The excitement inside his amber eyes seemed to banish all the silent anger they were harbouring only moments ago.

"I know exactly what to show you first!" he said with glee.

Fìorea, deciding to leave the awkwardness she felt behind in the wilderness, matched his joyful manner with a beaming grin of her own.