Chapter 14: Fun in Rio

Start from the beginning

"Well, he's here...why don't you go ask him?"

Dylan looked back again and took a deep breath. He rose from his seat and went back into the club. He weaved through the crowd until he found Matthew. Brian watched them leave the dance floor and went over to Xenna.

"Hey, where are they going?"

"Just to take care of some sibling business?"

"Ah...Hey, Xenna. Is it true your uncle's working for Watson?"

"Why? Don't tell me you're suspicious too."

"No, I just think regardless of whether or not your party uncle's a bad guy, I think you're an awesome secret agent."

Xenna's face relaxes. She didn't expect this answer from him. "Thanks, Brian. You know, I'm glad we're working together."

Brian nods favorably with a smile. "So, you wanna go back in there?"

Xenna smiles and takes his hand. "Sure."
---------------------

Outside, Dylan and Matthew were talking about their adventures.

"So," Matthew began. "I see you're taking a liking to your partners."

"Yeah. I think Brian's getting the hang of being an agent."

"I see that. And I can tell you took him under your wing. I'm proud of you." Matthew rubs his brother's head to emphasize this.

"You are?"

"Yeah, you know, I expected you to continue this mission alone, but I'm glad you didn't."

"Weird...that's actually what I wanted to talk to you about."

"Yeah?"

"You know, originally, I wanted to save you myself, but then, Chief Walter made me partner with Brian and look for Xenna. Honestly, I didn't expect us to be a team, let alone a good one."

"Sometimes, being on another team is a good thing. It means you have someone else to count on. It's better than being tortured and imprisoned."

Dylan gives a little chuckle. "Yeah, sorry you had to go through that. I wanted to save you first, but Xenna-"

"Dil, it's cool. I understand why you didn't." Dylan sports a small smile. "So, anything else you wanna discuss?"

"No, that's it. We should head back to the club. I'm afraid Brian would have a panic attack if he discovers we're gone."

Laughing, Matthew placed his arm on Dylan's shoulder as the brothers went back to the club.
---------------------

After a long night of dancing and partying, the agents took the cab back to the hotel. They boarded the elevator, Laughing and talking about tonight's events.

"Man, this has been the best night ever!" Brian cheered.

"I know."

"Who knew you were a great dancer, Brian?"

"Well, when I was in seventh grade, my mom made me take tap and jazz classes."

"Well, might I say, your moves left quite an impression on that girl," said Matthew.

"I thought that was a guy." Matthew covers Dylan's mouth, signaling him to quiet.

When the teens left the elevator, they went down the hallway, still talking and laughing. They came across their suite to find the door wide open and their clothes scattered on the floor.

"Wait." Matthew signals the others to stay by the door. With caution, he went into the room and found a trader searching through their items.

"Hey!" Matthew ran and pushed the trader away from a suitcase. "What are you doing?!" Another trader came out of the bathroom and aimed a gun behind the agent. Dylan ran into the room and saw what was happening.

"Matt!"

The shooter looks back, prompting Matthew to elbow him in the face and knock the gun out of his hands. He kicked the man into the bathroom and wrestled with him.

"Dylan! The diamond!"

Dylan turned and found the other trader searching through the backpacks until he found the Blue Diamond. After dropkicking him to the ground, he tries the pry the jewel from his hands. Xenna and Brian went over to help, but the man threw Dylan onto them. With the diamond, the man went out to the patio where a helicopter was waiting for him. Dylan rose up to see the trader climbing the ladder and went after him. He grabbed it before they flew away.

Back inside, Matthew was still fighting in the bathroom. He wrapped the shower curtain around the man and used the belt from the robe to tie him up. He went out to find his brother being hauled away by the helicopter.

"You guys stay here!"

Matthew ran out to the patio and jumped over the railing. Firing the grappling hook, he swung over to the roof of another hotel. Then, he ran and shot the hook at the helicopter and caught on the landing gear. Meanwhile, Dylan climbed into the helicopter and was kicked in the face by the man with the diamond. The pilot tipped the helicopter with hopes of making Dylan fall, but the agent grabbed hold on to the ladder.

Matthew flipped over and kicked the pilot out of the seat. After jumping in, he brought the helicopter upright, allowing Dylan to climb back into the copper. The agent returned the trader's kick and knocked the diamond out of his hand. He managed to grab it before it fell out of the copper. Matthew turned to go help Dylan when the pilot took out a gun and aimed it at him.

"Before you do anything, I suggest you stop and think of the consequences."

Matthew saw the man holding Dylan in a headlock with a knife to his neck. He locks eyes with him and Dylan simmers down. He got the hint. Matthew moved away from the pilot seat and sat next to Dylan in the back. Outside, Xenna and Brian watched as the helicopter flew out of Rio.

"They got them and the diamond," Xenna said. "We have to follow them."

"How?"

"Don't you remember?" Xenna turned her digitalwatch on and searched for Dylan's location until she found where they were heading. "They're heading for São Luis. Come on. Let's get our stuff and head over there." The agents ignited their jetpacks and flew back to the hotel.