𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 7

Start from the beginning

"I know I've already told you this," Louis lowered his voice volume. "But if he ever hurts you, you know who to call."

"You know we can hear you, right?" Sam questioned sarcastically. 

Louis stood up abruptly, almost throwing you off the bed. "And with that, we finish today's interrogatory. Tomorrow, it's Leo's turn."

"What? Why me?" Said boy whined, "I'm pretty open about my relationship."

"Relationship, huh?" Sam smirked. "So, it's official?"

"Pretty much." Leo said, "We're actually going out later."

"Talking about heading out, I have to go pick up a book from the library." You stood up and began collecting all of the things you'd be needing for the project. "It won't take long. I think. I hope."

"Have fun." Sam waved, "And don't make noise, I'm pretty sure Madam Pince hates you."

"Thanks for the encouragement, Sam." You said sarcastically before opening the door and heading out. 

The way to the library wasn't a long one, so you took your time wandering around. The sun was just beginning to hide behind the mountains, which meant most students were hanging out in their respective common rooms. 

Or so you assumed until you heard several sniffles coming from the hall to your right. just where you needed to go in order to reach the library. Madam Pince would be closing in 30 minutes, and the project was due tomorrow.

You sighed as you started to go through the hall. However, curiosity won you over, and unconsciously, your (Y/E/C) eyes settled themselves on the crouched figure. 

He had sandy blonde hair and pale skin, with really prominent cheekbones and eyebags. His blue eyes were filled with tears, and his bottom lip was trembling. 

"Peter?" You asked after a moment of inspection.

Almost instantly, he turned to look at you and cleaned his tears with the sleeve of his robe. "What are you doing here?" His tone was shaky, yet you could tell he had tried to make it as intimidating as possible.

"I was on my way to the library." You answered simply, "Are you okay?"

"Peachy." He replied, venom dripping off his words. Or word, to be more precise.

Truthfully, you didn't want to deal with his bad attitude when you were just trying to help. "Alright, then."

You had begun to walk away when his voice stopped you, "Wait." He sighed, "I'm sorry."

You shrugged and walked back to where Peter was, "It's fine. Can I sit?" You waited until he nodded to actually sit down. 

"Have you ever fought with your friends?" He asked, voice cracking.

You chuckled, remembering your third year at Hogwarts. "Yeah, have you?"

"Well, duh. Why do you think I asked?" He responded, glaring at you.

"Look, I have other things to do, so tell me if you are going to keep that attitude or not so I can stop wasting my time."

Peter sighed, "Sorry. Again. I'm just having a tough time."

"That's really not an excuse." 

"It won't happen again."

"Fine." You laid your head on the wall behind you, "You wanna talk about it?"

He gulped, "Can I?"

"Yes, so just spit it out." You glanced at him. 

"It is just-" He coughed, trying to cover up how even mentioning his fight with his friends made him tear up. "We fought the other day."