𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐘

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry to have to drag you into this. I just...if you get hurt because of me-"

"Don't go there. And don't apologize. I'm happy you're not going through this alone." I let out.

I was terrified. I couldn't let Emily get hurt. Not by his hands.

I just didn't know what the hell I was going to do.

It's safe to say we are both paranoid of everything.

And she refuses to tell Hotch. I begged her for an hour just to have it under his radar but she won't. She doesn't want any of the team involved in this. It wasn't a BAU case before, and it isn't now. I understand where she's coming from but I just don't know what I'll do with myself if she gets hurt.

She also went over the case with me more. I need to know everything if he's after her. After us.

I have no doubt in my mind he will come after me to get to her. It's a classic move. I have to be ready.

In our apartment we have a safe in our bedroom that has all of the important pieces of the case. She told me about the other agents, Sean, Tsia and Clyde. She also showed me Ian's picture. I need to be able to spot him in a crowd.

I was at the office later than she was tonight. I had to finish some paperwork from the previous case. When I came home, she jumped up from a chair she placed in front of the door and aimed her gun straight at me. I jumped five miles out of my skin.

"Jesus Christ! Emily!" I yelled.

She let out a sigh of relief when she realized it was me. "Sorry."

"Who did you think was going to walk through that door?" I exclaimed as I set my stuff down.

"We got a call to the house phone. No caller ID. The message that was left was just breathing. I think it was him." She let out as she sat back down.

"You could tell by the breathing?" I asked, still trying to catch my breath. "How long have you been sitting there? Why the hell didn't you call me?"

"I didn't want to scare you." She defended and then I widened my eyes at her. "I see I might have done that anyway." No shit.

"Okay, go get some sleep. I'll keep watch." I let out and took her hands to get her out of the chair.

"Are you not tired?"

"Well, not anymore." I said back. I was wide awake now.

"Lia-"

"I'll wake you up in a few hours and we can switch spots. Sleep on the couch if you don't want to be in the bedroom alone, okay?" I said to her and she just nodded.

She walked over to me and kissed me softly. She was just as terrified as I was. We have no idea where he is but we know he's coming after us.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you, too, okay? Get some sleep." I said and kissed her forehead. I sat in the chair and thought of all the things I could say to her to make her feel better. Safer.

I couldn't think of anything.

We were late to work the next morning. We've been taking extra security precautions. We walked in and Derek already had a comment to make.

"Somebody have a long night?"

"Somebody want to mind their own business?" Emily snapped back. Derek was taken back. I just rubbed my forehead. This is going to be rough.