06

"Destrier has always served me well

"Destrier has always served me well. You are in good hands," Caspian informed.

"Or hooves," Lucy joked making both Caspian and Catalina smile.

Caspian gently grabbed onto Catalina's foot placing it in the stirrup. "Good luck," he wished locking eyes with the older girl.

"You too," Catalina replied turning away.

Caspian frowned as she turned away but reached for something in his pocket.

He handed her Susan's horn. "Maybe you should take this with you just in case. Then you could give it to Susan," he exclaimed.

"Why'd don't you give it to her. I might not even make it back," she suggested riding off.

"You might not make it back? Why don't you kiss him if you might not make it back!" Lucy asked.

"Shut up!" Catalina yelled.

Catalina and Lucy rode into the forest.

"Lucy, you're pulling ready tightly on my vest!" Catalina warned. In an instant Lucy's grip loosened but still remained secure.

"Ride!" a man shouted.

"They've seen us!" Lucy warned.

Catalina nodded as they rode faster. They rode farther into the forest trying to get rid of the soldiers. Catalina suddenly tugged on Destrier to stop.

Catalina jumped off the horse. "Take the reins," she demanded.

"What are you doing?" Luck asked.

"I'm really sorry Lucy. But if one of us is going to come out alive it's going to be you." She gave Destrier a light smack making him leave with Lucy.

Catalina pulled a dagger out of her vest pocket. She gripped it firmly as a soldier came towards her.

She quickly threw the dagger at his head making him drop to the floor.

The men shouted as daggers kept flying towards them. Each one that came towards them, killed them in seconds.

Catalina went to grab another dagger as a horse knocked her over into the ground.

She grunted as the soldier came off the horse holding his sword towards her neck. If she moved even an inch her throat would be bleeding.

"This is a much less cool way to die," she stated trying to back away.

The soldier came closer until a sword came in contact with him knocking him down. Caspian held his hand out as he came closer to her.