01

LOUD NOISES CAME FROM the forest as Catalina was helping Trufflehunter make supper

LOUD NOISES CAME FROM the forest as Catalina was helping Trufflehunter make supper. The noises were very clearly horses trotting around. But that was a very weird thing to hear in Narnia at midnight.

"The noises are getting louder," Catalina warned cutting up a carrot.

Trumpkin nodded as Nikabrik and him left the house.

"They're going to get killed one day," Trufflehunter grumbled.

"Maybe. But hopefully today is not that day," she replied.

The two silently worked together on the soup as they heard the suddenly noise stop.

"Do you think they got them?" Trufflehunter asked. Catalina shook her head as she heard the noises become louder once again. 

A horn blew as the forest suddenly became quiet. It wasn't a peaceful kind of quiet, it was the frightful kind. The kind that made you feel unsure or unsafe with the people around you.

Just then the door creaked open, Trufflehunter and Catalina held out the knife they were using towards the door. They silently walked to the door as they saw Nikabrik dragging in an unconscious Talmarine.

"Are you insane!" Catalina exclaimed. "We could have killed you!"

Nikabrik rolled his eyes. "Put the boy on a bed and get him cleaned up," Nikabrik stated.

She glared at him. "If I wanted to look after Talmarines, I would have stayed in Talmar," she argued.

Trufflehunter placed a comforting hand on the girl's shoulder. "Place him on the bed. I'll take care of him." She nodded as she placed down the knife on the table. She walked over to the unconscious boy and threw his arm over her shoulder, leading him towards a bed. Once he was placed down she put a blanket over him.

She looked over at the boy taking in the features on his face. She carefully brought her thumb up to his forehead and wiped the blood off of it, being careful not to wake him.

She sighed as she walked back over to the kitchen.

"Where's Trumpkin?"

"The Telmarines took him."

"Are they still out there?" she asked. Nikabrik shook his head. "I'm going to head home. I'll be back early in the morning."

"Are sure? It would be much safer if you stayed here," Trufflehunter suggested.

"I'll be fine," she reassured. The two smaller men nodded as she made her way out the door.

"Oh and Catalina! Don't go looking for him!"

She nodded before leaving the house. Her home wasn't to far, just a 5 minute walk. The trail to her house was beautiful, it had many small trees and plants growing near it, which she helped grow.