Louis always wished that his mother would have taken him with her when she left. He wouldn't be stuck here with his father doing whatever his father says. He could possibly be happy. His mother, though, was too much of a coward. That part of his mother, he refused to be.

Louis pushed the thought of his mother to the back of his brain. He would not think of her. He would not give her his time.

The hallway Louis was in opened up to a huge room. This room was called the 'common room' which Louis thought to be boring. Lots of tattooed men walk around this said room. Some have girls hanging off their shoulders with dirty smirks on their faces.

The people in this room were going about the huge building. Either checking in after being out doing their duties or heading to their rooms. Most though, were coming from their rooms and to the bar.

Louis pushed his way through the many men and ignored their glares. They all hated him for their own reasons but most had one thing in common when it came to hating him. He was the son of their boss.

They all thought he was favorited but that's because they didn't know what happened behind closed doors. They only saw Louis' label. They didn't see the constant terror Louis was put through.

On the far wall of the common room was a dark hallway. This hallway only has been used by two people. Louis, and his father. Anyone else that stepped foot in there were walking to their doom. Louis figured that's why his father had it so dark. For it was more... scary?

Louis took a small step into the unlit hallway corridor and his heart began to speed up. His nerves were already picking up and he wasn't even facing his father yet. Why did even the slight nearness of his father make his body react? Louis still wonders how he can actually handle being face to face with his father.

The common room's elegant tiled floor turned into grey concrete the further Louis walked. The walls turning from a glossy white to hard bricks.

Not too far ahead was the door. It seemed to be taunting Louis as he stopped to look at it. Mocking his racing heart.

The boy took the rest of the short steps and stopped in front of the door. His body shook as he raised his hand to knock on the metal door. In the corners of the door there was rust. It too, seemed to glare at Louis.

He took a deep breath and knocked. His heart began to race even faster. It felt like his heart would literally just fly out of his throat at any second. His breathing seemed to stop as soon as his knuckles made contact with the cold metal. Louis hated how strong of an effect his father had on him.

The door opens and Louis' father leans against the door frame with a smug look on his face. His father wears his usual attire, blue jeans with a black tee tucked in. A black belt through the jeans loopholes. Then a pair of black combat boots cover his feet.

While Louis stands in silence listening to his racing heart his father scratches his beard scruff with a look of boredom. Clearly waiting for Louis to say something. Little did his father know Louis' throat was tight and he was unable to speak.

"I'm glad you decided to come," Louis' father spoke. His voice was deep and raspy. The rasp developed over the years from the amount of smoking his father did.

"If I didn't, you would have killed me.. no?" Louis finally says. His voice sounds surprisingly stern despite how he actually feels. He feels proud of himself.