c h a p t e r 3

Začít od začátku

I felt a headache come up which was my reminder that I should head back to the tower. I made a sharp turn. The headache grew more intense by the second and I even felt it in my wings. It took me a second to realize what was happening. Although it only happened when I was in my room or even asleep. My head felt heavy and my lungs started to close down. I felt my heartbeat rise very fast. This wasn't good. I tried to focus on my breathing when sharp pain entered my back and wings. My wings cramped down making me tumble into the air.

This was one of the things I might fear the most. My body shutting down because I can't handle the mental stress. I knew it had gotten worse when I left Pavrax. But even this was an extreme version.

I lost height very quickly and got closer to the houses. Way too close. This can't be happening. Not right now. My mind flowed with very memories and I curled up into a ball covering myself with my wings as I lost consciousness.

''Plant quod dares vita ad vitam dedit mihi'' I spoke softly as I concentrated on the magical energy flowing through my veins. Slowly the dead plant got a green branch with a white flower on it. ''They say that the flower was created by the goddess of the land as a gift to her firstborn daughter.'' Behind me appeared a tall, scarred woman covering her right arm and shoulder. She had light orange markings on her face and arms but mostly covered her large orange wings that were folded back into her spine. ''Nowadays those are just legends,'' I mumbled to her. ''Perhaps, but that does not mean that there is a power hidden in the young flower. The woman knelt next to me. ''As soon as you can give something the energy to live, you will notice that you can also control the energy into something alive.'' The woman closed her eyes and held her hand toward the flower. ''Quod sit incrementum that crescere me'' Slowly the plant started to grow. It grew up against the ceiling and covered the entire room in seconds. Large white flowers appeared from every corner. I watched open-mouthed. The woman winked. ''One day you will be able to control the greatest energy Nova because that is where your path will go. Up to the mountains to find him. To find the truth''

I was awakened by something cold. I felt like I had a bouncing head like somebody just hit me. erupted from my back which made me cry out in pain.

''Calm down, you are save knight.'' The pain was clouding my mind.

''I can't, pain,'' I mumbled to the person.

''Where?''

''Back, wings.'' I barely could make out a sentence. I heard some movement but couldn't focus on what was going on around me.

''Here drink this.'' I felt something against my lip. It smelt sweet but it tastes like nothing. Slowly I felt myself going completely numb as I blacked out again.

When I opened my eyes again I saw a small light flickering in the dark room. It was a fire. In front of it was a boy or should I say, a man? A young man perhaps. He looked young. He had brown hair with a few lighter parts that looked almost gold. The only reason I could see this much in the dark was because my eyes were switching between night vision and day vision.

I sat up in bed and looked around. I probably made a lot of noise because the man turned around. I switched my gaze to the dark brown eyes. A saw a hint of green in his eyes. He looked concerned.

''Are you feeling better?'' I raised my eyebrow.

''Well, it feels like a hit a wall?'' I responded to him sarcastically.

''Your attitude makes me question if I really should have saved you.'' He replied with a sharp tone. The man rose from the chair that he sat in by the fire. Standing to his full height and his eyes fixed on me was very intense.

''Sorry.'' I mumbled. The sharp tone in his voice made me realize I should've been a little nicer.

''I feel pretty numb. What did you give me?'' I asked.