Chapter 4: Suspicious Behavior

Start from the beginning

"Now put your hands in these." He ordered.

Alias laughed and stood up, shoving her hands into the cuffs roughly. He jolted a little before locking them.

"Now, don't take th-"

The cuffs suddenly popped out of existence and Alias was holding a sword. Then it disappeared too.

"Why did-! Uhg!" Fowler growled and turned away.

Then the proximity alarm started going off.

"Decepticons?" Optimus asked.

"Indeed. Just a mile away." Ratchet said.

"You guys should hunker down. Don't let them know you're here." Fowler said.

"If they are close, then they must know already." Optimus said, transforming his hand into a blaster.

"There might be an energon mine close by." Bulkhead said.

"Don't be so sure, Ratchet would have known." Wheeljack stated.

I saw Alias fiddling with her fingers nervously. I narrowed my eyes but didn't say anything.

Eventually, Optimus decided we would wait it out. After about thirty minutes, the Decepticons left. Everyone was a bit tense for a while, but it eased off.

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

I sat up on my berth, awakening from recharge. I had been up all night last recharge cycle, so I was a bit confused about why I was waking up so early.

I checked the time as I walked into the main area. 12:36 a.m. in human hours. Almost midnight. I heard a noise and turned around, seeing the other bots emerge from their own rooms, equally confused.

"Ultra Magnus. What is going on?" Arcee asked.

"I don't know. Let's go ask Optimus and Ratchet." I replied.

We entered the main area, where Miko, Raf, and Jack were all sleeping peacefully. Optimus and Ratchet had their weapons out, looking around suspiciously.

"What is it?" I asked.

"The air feels hostile, like it did when we traveled into Unicron." He replied.

"The energy signature is vile. Probably what turned all of you back on." Ratchet said, looking at his computer.

"The children aren't awake." Bulkhead said, looking at the three kids.

"Where is Alias?" Wheeljack asked.

I frowned, the girl was becoming more and more unusual.

"On the other side of the room." Optimus replied, looking over.

I followe his gaze and saw Alias in recharge, her face peacefully if not for the sweat on her face. We should turn on the fans.

"If something happens, we'll call. Go back to recharge." Optimus said quietly, turning back to the rest of us.

I nodded and walked away, turning on the cooler as I passed. I went back to my recharge station, but it took a long time before I was able to turn back off.

Fowler's POV

Today, I would finally get to test Alias.