chapter thirty-five | go with the flow

Start from the beginning

"Sebastian did you still want tha- Oh God!", someone says when the door opens. You pull apart and see Chris standing very awkwardly by the frame, accompanied to someone who looked like a visitor. You go bright red and scurry off Sebastian, him doing the same and moving to his desk.

"The- the what?"

"The coffee? Like I always get you?"

"Oh um, yes please... Thank you, Professor Evans."

"Professor Sebastian Stan, this is Professor Tom Hiddleston from Oxford University. He's hopefully joining us in January", motioning towards the man standing by Chris. The men move towards each other and shake hands, both pleasantly smiling at each other.

"Hello Sebastian. Nice to meet you, hopefully I'll see you around during my interview day. And I must ask who this other professor is?", looking you up and down. You're surprised, seeing that he mistook you for another professor. Our relationship wouldn't be as scandalous I guess.

"Oh um, this is Janet Taylor. My girlfriend", and you shake Tom's hand. He has a firm grip, and takes a while to let go. You look at Sebastian, feeling slightly uncomfortable. A very attractive guy was refusing to let go of your hand and he wasn't doing anything.

"And why do I recognise that name?", his brows knitting in confusion, trying to connect the dots.

"Because I'm going on the study abroad to Oxford University. History and English", trying to slip your sweaty hand out of his grasp. He finally lets go.

"Ah. I see. A student", not saying much else. "See you around then, Miss. Taylor", waving goodbye to you as he and Chris leave to go to the coffee cart.

"I think that's my cue to leave then", to mumble as you go to pick up your bag.

"You wanna head over to my place? Spend the weekend there and study? Might help with a change of surroundings", grabbing your hand just before you leave.

You think about it. "Yeah I like the sound of that. As long as you don't become a distraction."

"You underestimate my willpower. Anyway, text me when you're there, you know where the spare key is. Order anything you want, I'll see you later princess", kissing your cheek as you giggle and leave.

- - - -

"Princess?", Sebastian calls when he walks in the door, a little after 9pm.

"Love, I have the best news!", you reply, skidding around the corner as you come from the study.

"Oh yeah? Better than mine?", taking off his blazer and tie following you back to the room.

"Mhmm. Definitely", nodding a bit intrigued at whatever his news was. "My mum's agreed to let me move my stuff back in until I've come back from the study abroad, so that I don't have to pay rent in my new place when I'm in England", you grin at your announcement.

"Oh my god, that is better than my news!", peppering your face with kisses.

"What was your news?"

"That your mom is now friends with me on Facebook. And then she added my mom, so now my mom won't stop texting asking who my beautiful girlfriend is", he explains.

"She didn't know who I was before?", feeling quite offended that he hadn't mentioned you to her before. "Shithead", you turn away from him.

"No, she just didn't know what you looked like. You're all over your mom's account, it's actually quite cute."

"You never thought to send her a photo of me?", highlighting away on some flashcards.

"Well, I was hoping the first time she'd see you was in person", he says as he walks off. You drop the pen, and run to jump on his back.

"Oh my god, tell me what you mean by that", you groan from the floor as Sebastian fails to catch you.

"You haven't bought your plane tickets have you?"

"No, waiting for payday", your response coming out like a question instead.

"Good girl. My mom's bought plane tickets for the two of us to visit her in Constanta over my birthday", he grins as he picks you up.

"I'm geographically challenged, I have no clue where that is", you chuckle as he carries you to the sofa.

"I'm Romanian darling, use those deducing skills I taught you."

"Mhmm, is it possibly in Australia?", you joke.

"No, Romania silly. Think you need to go back to high school", shaking his head as he sets you down.

"Maybe that was a hint for our next vacation", you quirk your brows at him.

"Fair enough. I can easily get us a place to stay, my first boyfriend lives there."

"Oh yeah? How'd that happen?", grabbing the remote and scrolling through the movie selection on the TV.

"I took a gap year after high school to go travelling. Stayed in Australia for around 7 months after I met him at some beach. He's a surfing instructor now, but when we met he was a lifeguard."

"Did he have to pee on you because you're stupid?", you laugh. "Saw him whip out his dick and you were so mesmerised by it?"

"That doesn't work for jellyfish stings or for being stupid", he closes his eyes and throws his head back in annoyance. "I helped him find a lost kid."

"Aw, cuties. Who asked who?"

"Chris did, I'm immature. He kept brushing his hand against mine when we were walking about looking for the little shit. Believe me, I wanted to. I was too damn nervous around him, I was still figuring out who I was."

"Maybe I should change my name to Chris", you raise your eyebrows.

"It would suit you. Anyway, he's happily married to a woman named Elsa. I have them both on Facebook actually"

"Will you stop banging on about Facebook?", deciding to settle on something random on Netflix.

"Who was your first boyfriend?"

"Patrick Dempsey", you mutter.

"No fair! How was he?"

"Much kinder than you, cause he actually listened to me", swatting his arm.

"Just out of curiosity, have you been in a same-sex relationship?"

"Uhm, not really. Me and Scarlett kissed once. Got pretty heated I say, we were both drunk. We came to our senses before she took off my underwear though" you laugh. You turn to Sebastian, who didn't respond. His mouth just forms a small 'o', still processing what just fell out of your mouth.

"Whe-when was that?"

"Uhm, before we were a thing? Like when I was leaving your house at god-forsaken times in the morning? Good memories were formed."

"I bet", he blurts out. "Anyway, why didn't you tell me?"

"Because... what if I'm... still figuring out myself too?". You respond, looking at the screen.

"I see", he nods, understanding what it was like.

You turn to face him. "You know how I gave you a pass for Patrick Dempsey? Would you give me one for Scarlett?"

"Of course. It's important to understand and love yourself first/" You kiss him softly on the lips. "Wait, how would that work, she's with Mackie!"

"Oh, they broke up after spring break, they clash too much", dismissing it.

"Right, so when are you and her going to clash pus-""Sebastian Stan, don't you fucking dare"

- - - -