"She even came up with some of the pranks herself!"

"We just helped."

"They're telling the truth mum. Melissa is just as bad they are, she didn't need their influence." Charlie said trying to defend us.

"Oh dear, just like her father." She mumbled to herself. "I don't care you two need to be focusing on your schoolwork." She turned around to talk to Charlie, and George and I made a mocking face at each other making Percy roll his eyes at us.

Just then I see her come off of the train where she was nearly tackled to the ground by a very pasty skinned blonde little boy. "Must be Draco." I mumbled to myself. Looks like he's going to be nice to her after all. That made me happy knowing that she wasn't going to be as miserable and alone as she thought this summer. I was brought back to my family by George.

"Oi stop staring!"

"Huh?"

"Who's staring?" Asked mum.

"Freddie boy has a crush." Said Charlie looking in the direction of Lissa who I may have been staring at.

"How would you know?" I said.

"Well, he's not wrong." I hit George on the arm as a warning to not start this again, especially in front of mum.

"Ohh my baby has a crush on someone!" Why was she so excited about this? "Who is it darling?" She asked placing her hand on my cheek. I tried pulling away as George pointed mum's attention over to where Lissa was standing with Draco and Dobby. She turned back around to me. She looked a little worried. "You know who she lives with. Don't get your hopes up with the Malfoy's as her guardians dear."

"Mum, I don't have a crush on Lissa." I tried to tell her.

"Lissa?" She gave a look that said, 'don't lie to me'. "Come on boys your father, Ron and Ginny are all waiting for us in the car go get your trunks and we can go home. As we were walking out of the station, I stayed to the back hoping to see her one last time. "You can write to her over the summer, maybe see if she can come over to the burrow one day hmm?" Said mum quietly to me knowing I wouldn't want my brothers to overhear her.

Melissa's POV

It's been two weeks since I got back from Hogwarts for summer. Draco and I were getting on like best friends again, playing in the garden every day, having water fights and flying around the manor grounds. Lucius still hadn't been home from wherever he was. I could tell Narcissa was hurting from him being away for so long, she was becoming very jumpy around loud noises, which was one of the reasons Draco and I were outside all the time. She was becoming more and more nervous by the day, which was making me think more and more what on Godric's earth is this family business.

I had the conversation with Draco the night I got back, telling him about who my friends are at Hogwarts and what we had been up to all year. He obviously wasn't ecstatic about it, but he agreed to keep my secret from his parents because he didn't want his father to lock me up in the cellar.

Dobby agreed to intercept every owl that came to the manor again but this time I made him promise to give me my letters this time.

It was Sunday 14th July and this morning I had received a letter from Tonks asking me to come to dinner during the week. I still need to speak to Narcissa. Thankfully, Draco's friends Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle were round at the manor today and they were out on the grounds practising quidditch. They say they want to try out for the Slytherin team when they get to Hogwarts, I've tried to tell them that first years don't make the house teams, but they won't listen. I even told them they might not get into Slytherin, and they could end up in Hufflepuff, of course that terrified them. There's nothing wrong with Hufflepuff but of course with parents like theirs if you aren't in Slytherin your worthless.

I really need to talk to Narcissa about going round to Andromeda's house, but I don't know how to approach it and I can't find the piece of parchment Freddie and I wrote everything down on. We've been writing back and forth three to four times a week like he made me promise and I need to write him back today so I may as well ask him about how to start this conversation.

Dear Freddie

I can't believe Percy touted on you both for something so small. Maybe you and George should turn his hair green like we did to Filch or turn his bedroom into a greenhouse to get him back. He really needs to get that wand removed from up his arse.

Tonks sent me a letter today inviting me round to dinner sometime this week, but I still haven't spoken to Narcissa about everything and I can't find the piece of parchment you and I wrote everything down on.

How should I go about starting this without it going to complete shit?

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Lissa xo

I went to put my quill back into my ink pot and I accidently knocked it off the desk. It took me a second to realise what I was seeing because it was as if everything was in slow motion, but I caught it before it hit the ground and I cleaned up the few drops that had spilled out. I felt kind of lightheaded after that so I laid down for a while.

When I woke up, I went to the kitchen to find Dobby to give him my letter so he could send it off for me and I started helping him with dinner. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER

I do not own any of these characters except Melissa. The rest belong to J.K. Rowling.