Stupid With Love

Notes:

WARNING: It follows the events of the manga (post-z=204), if you only watched the anime I do not recommend reading it 😅 unless possible spoilers don't bother you.

I was going to work on another fic yesterday, but then Sai had to appear and ruin my plans 😤
I still don't know what his personality will be like but I had several ideas. We'll see how it goes.
The title was taken from the song of the same name from the musical Mean Girls only because of that /one/ verse 🤭 10 billion point for those who know.

🧮🧮🧮

Senku had been confused at first. Sure, he should have seen it coming miles away from Ryusui's enthusiasm to revive this Sai guy, but he had more than enough motives to be reasonably distracted. They had a rocket to build, a Whyman to defeat and a civilization to restore... and maybe, just maybe, what little was left of his concentration was being used for trying to understand what had happened between Gen and him.

Sure, Gen always got close when they were talking about their plans and whatnot, but during their free time he would just... drift away to be anywhere else but near him, usually in the company of Chelsea, Suika, Kohaku or Kaseki.

As if that wasn't enough, there was that annoying voice inside his head that continuously wondered about the promise he made.

Whatever happened to 'the day we remove this war paint will be the day we triumph over the petrification threat'?

Yes, they might now know how to use Medusas in their favor now and be closer to their goal than ever before, but there was still a long way to run.

So what was happening?

Finding an explanation to Gen's behavior was slowly driving him insane and then they had to go and make things even more... weird by reviving Sai.

After they, or more like the Mentalist, finally managed to calm him down, the guy decided to stuck around Gen like a lost puppy.

It was unnerving to watch, to say the least.

Senku wasn't even sure why it bothered him so much and he couldn't even ask his mentalist about it because he was busy babysitting that guy.

Sure, he could just go to where they were and ask, but it didn't feel right.

Therefore, he went for his second best option.

"So... you have a brother." Senku said as he took a seat next to Ryusui and Chrome by the fireplace.

Francois was already preparing dinner while the others were taking the opportunity to rest after a long day gathering stone statues. They had yet to depetrify them all, but they didn't want to rush it, especially after finding out about Ryusui's elder brother.

"Aha! That's right! Quite surprising, isn't it?" Ryusui beamed, cheerful despite the fact that his brother had been avoiding him as if he was the Medusa itself.

"Totally!" Chrome exclaimed. "I never saw it coming!"

"Especially considering you never mentioned him before." Senku added, trying to avoid looking in the direction from where certain voices could be heard.

"Right? Father never liked talking about him, but now that he's not around I realized this is the perfect chance for us to catch up and finally have some sibling bonding time!"

"Ah, sibling bonding time..." Senku repeated, maybe a little bit too bitterly for his own ears. "That sounds great and all... But then again, why aren't you doing that exactly?" Ryusui barked a laugh at that.