Toni flipped them so that she was on top, straddling Shelby. "Is this okay?" she breathed.

  Shelby nodded and leant up to capture her lips with her own once again. Toni moaned into the kiss causing Shelby to hum into her mouth. Up until that point it was all hushed words and heavy breathing. The sound didn't startle them to a stop though, instead, Toni's mind fogged up more until she wasn't able to think about anything, only feel.

  Hands reached up Toni's shirt, cool hands glided up her back and settled on her waist. They stayed in that position until Shelby's hands slid back down and grabbed the hem of her shirt, pulling it up. That startled her to a very hesitant stop. "Wait," Toni panted, pulling away and creating an inch of distance between them.

  Shelby's hands dropped from waist and her eyes burst open, immediately meeting Toni's with a slightly wild, panicked look. They quickly softened again, clearly upon seeing that Toni wasn't in any sort of distress. "Yes?" Shelby replied shyly.

  "It's just-" Toni shifted so that she was no longer propped up on her elbows but bearing her weight on her hands, either side of Shelby's face so that she could see her better. "-Is this too fast?"

  Toni opted not to remind her that they were not the only two people in the house.

  Shelby sighed. Toni rolled off her and laid on her side so that they were facing each other. "I don't know," Shelby murmured, "I never went even this far with Andrew."

  Toni cringed at his name but pushed her feelings aside. It was too uncomfortable to think about Andrew and Shelby in this bed.

  "There's no rush for all of that," Toni assured her. "Anyway, I know about as much as you do so we can take it slow. I think I want to take it slower with you."

  "You've never..." Shelby trailed off. Toni almost laughed because she pretty regularly swore now but was still skeeved out talking about sex even though they had just nearly ripped off each others clothes.

  Toni felt a little embarrassed talking about the next part. "Nah. I guess... I don't know. I don't want my first time to be meaningless sex at a party with someone who doesn't know my favourite colour or some shit."

  Shelby breathed out a laugh. "So what you're telling me is that you, with your big shot 'nobody messes with me' attitude, are a romantic?"

  "Oh shut up. I prefer monogamy. Nothing to do with being a romantic," Toni huffed, weakly trying to defend herself.

  "Sure." Toni could just make out Shelby rolling her eyes. "What is your favourite colour then?"

  Toni thought about it for a second. "Um... I don't know it changes day by day. I'd say green today, I think. What's yours?" she asked.

  "Pink. Definitely."

  Toni laughed at that. She really didn't even have to ask.

  "So... Not even with Regan?" Toni didn't miss the way Shelby spat out the name like it burned her tongue.

  Toni chuckled, "I don't even think we lasted a week. So, no."

"You were actually together for 8 days. So you lasted a week."

  Toni sarcastically quipped back, "Really? Damn, looks like you're dating the face of monogamy." Dating? Toni mentally facepalmed at the use of that word.

  "Well... my boyfriend of a year never got past first base so it looks like you're dating the face of sexual liberation."

  So apparently they were dating. Toni was powerless against the smile that forced its way onto her face. "I wouldn't label yourself so soon, you were pretty damn close to second base after just one day." She chuckled slightly.