9.5 Bonus

Y/n gulps a lump in her throat as Shinobu inches closer to her. The sweat visible on her forehead as the insect hashira proceeds to grab her.

"MOU! OKAY! OKAY I'M REMOVING IT!" Y/n gives up with hiding from her checkup Kagaya has requested be done specifically for Y/n who claimed the so called 'demon slayer mark' was a burn.

It's been thirty minutes or so and Y/n had been sweating as if someone had put her under the sun to burn. For the time with Obanai had occurred just the previous night in his estate. She turned around while panicking internally while slowly removing the top of her uniform, her bare back being exposed to Shinobu as well as her very own demon slayer mark and scars from past fights.

And to Shinobu's surprise, another form of marks...Love marks in fact. That were all healing at a very slow rate. Starting from the nape of her neck down to her lower back, trailing to the young woman's waist and off to the back of her arms.

"Y/n-Chan?"

Y/n perks up at Shinobu's voice, "Y-yes?"

"Is this what I think it is?" Y/n slowly covers her body with her haori before turning around to a eye closed smile from Shinobu. Y/n's bottom lip subconsciously tucks into her mouth as she replies with a much higher tone.

"N-no! W-what gave you that idea? I'm sure it's the demon inside of me trying to c-claw their way out! And you know... I uh... I heal very slowly!"
Y/n mentally screams at herself for the ridiculous excuse she made up while she slowly gets up to escape Shinobu's wrath.

"Was Iguro-San the demon?" Y/n shrieks in fear, almost immediately running towards the shoji door that soon opened up to reveal Obanai who heard his name being calls.

Y/n runs behind him, peeping her head out at the furious insect girl. "I'm surprised you had it in you, Iguro-San. Just be careful, we need all hands on deck, I don't want her getting pregnant before the battle. Let's hope Uzui-San won't find out either."

"What are you tal-" Obanai cuts himself off and immediately grabs onto Y/n gently before speed walking towards the exit of the butterfly estate, his face glowing red like a glow stick as he continues to think of last night.

"How does she know?"

"My back was like a canvas to you last night. How could she not know?"Y/n chuckles with her arms wrapping around one of Obanai's as he attempts to cover the embarrassed look on his masked face.

"Know what?" Y/n shrieks in fear seeing her older brother with Kyojuro standing a few feet away from the butterfly estate.

"NOTHING!" They both shouted out loud causing Tengen to raise a brow while sharing a glance with Kyojuro who laughs.

"It's definitely something!" Kyojuro spoke out with his arms crossed, walking past them with a wide smile.

Tengen clicks his tongue before inspecting his sister suspiciously, looking back and forth from her to Obanai who tries his best to avoid the sound pillars piercing gaze. Almost immediately did Kuburamaru cover the serpent pillars neck securely as if getting the hint to hide Obanai's love marks as well.

"Uzui-San! Let's talk about Y/n's burn mark!" Y/n looks back at Shinobu who gives a thumbs up before shooing the two away.

Tengen shrugs it off before following Shinobu who walks into her home with a smile as Y/n jogs away with her hands up towards the sky, breathing in a cold whiff of air. Occasionally doing small spins while giggling which causes Obanai's lips to move upward naturally, a small smile planted on his lips while he watches her from afar.

'WAHH THANK YOU SHINOBU-CHAN!!!'

Side chapter lol
ALSO!!!
I realize I have a lot of nonbinary readers adding this book to their playlists, I want to apologize for using she/her. I will soon try to write another kny ff for non-binary readers. I'm so sorry!