Suddenly, the rage inside her was gone. Completely melted away. All she could do was focus on what Sirus had just told her— five?

The sheer need to find about her father suddenly engulfed her. Him and her mother refused to tell them anything during their time at Hogwarts— and Nicole was curious.

"What about mom?" Nicole asked, now taking a seat beside him. Talking to Harry can be done later.

"Oh, we hated her. James.. Atlas.. me." he trailed off, looking directly at her. "I'm pretty sure Remus did too. He just didn't admit it."

The girl raised a brow. Her dad.. hated her mom?

"She was friends with Snivellus. I remember all those hexes she kept on sending my way..." laughing softly, Sirus took another bite of the food he was eating. "James, Atlas and I landed in the Hospital Wing for a week because of your mom. Bats kept on flying out of our nosetrills and Madam Pomfrey didn't know what to do."

"Ahem.." the two of them looked towards the doorway, where Lupin stood with raised brows. "I remember Atlas telling us to not tell his children about his years at Hogwarts?"

"Why?" Nicole questioned, now curious than ever. "Is it bad?"

"Not... bad. It's quite funny, actually.. but it would give your father and mother lot of embarrassment. Whenever me or Sirus try to talk to him about what happened he gets really embarrassed."

Sirus started giggling like a child.

"Sirus. We need to talk to you about something." Lupin suddenly said, the once playful demeanor gone. Nicole didn't even try to guess who "we" was, but as Sirus left (not before patting her head like she was a dog) the girl immediately grabbed a paper from the end of the table and started writing on it.

"Oh and, Nicole? Go to Ron and Hermoine. They need to tell you something."

Maybe she would go to her friends, but she had to write the letter first.

Dear Harry,

This is Nicole. Dumbledore won't let us write detailed letters but WHAT THE HELL? (I learned this phrase from Hermoine) YOU'RE EXPELLED? WHAT'S GOING ON?

I just realized that there's probably nothing else that I'm going to ask of you but.. what the hell? Please tell me you're not expelled. Also, I'm sorry for not sending any letters. My father has kept an eye on me but he's gone today. So is mom.

Please reply. I'm so confused.

Nicole

"Mcgonagowl!" Nicole hissed, only realizing now that her owl wasn't here. The girl took a quick scan of her surroundings, and suddenly, she could hear rattling and the sound of bricks: someone was coming.

And it was probably her parents.

"Mcgonagowl!" she tried again, running over to one of the spare rooms, only to see that she wasn't there.

Cursing slightly, Nicole ran back to her and Hermoine's room, slightly embarrassed that she'd face her friends so fast. But she needed to send that letter, and she couldn't do it without her fat owl.