12- halloween party!

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER TWELVE!                       — endless her

CHAPTER TWELVE!
                      — endless her

"you know how smart he is- okay nevermind, he's actually very stupid"

HARRY HATED HALLOWEEN AND NO ONE BLAMED HIM FOR IT. The night where your parents were almost murdered and you were cursed with a scar that made you a gawking victim was very hard for someone to just forget. Usually, when Harry mentioned being so upset about his early childhood, they would brush him and his feelings off because 'his whole family lived.' but, they didn't have to deal with the trauma the Potter's - not Harry, really. Mainly James and Ember, have felt that night.

James, Ember, and Harry quite literally died that night. The only thing that kept them alive was Ember's love for Harry and her crazy grandma. That kinda thing isn't just buried into the ground.

Whilst Harry was too young to remember anything from the night except the bright green light that would come to him in nightmares, Ember and James didn't move on from the event until months had passed.

James could remember Voldemort's haunting face and the heartbreak when he saw Ember dead. The blonde remembered seeing Estelle after her death and the drop in her stomach when she held a crying Peter and realized she had been betrayed by someone she had thought to care about.

And whilst the Potters had their trauma that people brushed off, it wasn't like the whole world had discarded the night Voldemort was killed... the annual Halloween dance was canceled out of respect. But, that didn't stop students from throwing large parties every Halloween. Like the dances, no fourth years or younger we're aloud.

Many times it would just turn into a hook-up opportunity for some thirsty teens. However, for Harry, it was a lot more. Instead of feeling bad for his parents, he was able to distract himself by dancing horribly with his best friends.

The only downfall, one of those best friends was completely heartbroken. Valerie, understandably, was incredibly hurt by her breakup with Will. Ford reference, they had broken up because Valerie had told him she knew they weren't endgame. While it did make sense for a relationship to end because of that, Val was angry at him for not trying a little harder! They were perfect together, and now it's all over.

She did have some amazing friends, that helped her through it. Such as Ginny who offered to beat up Will- she didn't. Hermione did her homework without Valerie even asking, Neville supplied her with the best chocolate, Luna gave Valerie all her interesting theories... and Harry.

He had been the most help. Even though the day he almost became an orphan was approaching, Harry spent nearly all his time trying to cheer up Valerie. He had taken her to the quidditch pitch- okay taken is not the right word. It was actually very forceful and involved Valerie falling off her bed twice. Not only was his emergency Quidditch meetings for the two of them helpful, but he had also given her tons of 'Harry' hugs that made her feel way better.