"How unusual," Cody said after a moment as he thought about it.

What came to his mind was an image of an ordinary campfire, but instead of using wood for fire, the strange new flames used the air for fuel instead. But what would stop the fire from expanding to all the air around like a log fire would do to start a forest fire? Cody had no idea.

Just then, Omen stumbled into the room with chest heaving, short of breath as he bowed over and tried to regulate his breathing. Cody failed to hide the smile on his face, but the ex-blacksmith took no notice, hobbling into the room as he gasped for air.

"Surprising that you should be here before the dragon rider," Thoughtful said with a tone of humor in his voice.

Omen gasped several times as he tried to speak, but after a minute or so he finally chose to speak with his mind, "There is more to me than you may imagine."

"I dare say so," Thoughtful said. Turning to Cody he added, "I told Destiny to wake Aval, and she and Inferno and Ashheart should come to join us shortly. I will explain the plan to them when they arrive."

Cody nodded and Omen staggered over to the chair on his right, his breathing becoming slightly deeper gasps as he regulated his breathing. A few minutes later his breathing was almost completely even once more, and Avalsmokes burst into the room. He appeared to have a more even breath, perhaps keeping a steady pace on his way.

Thoughtful pointed Avalsmokes into the chair on Cody's left and explained everything that he had said to Cody those minutes before, which earned him several fascinated questions and comments similar to Cody's own from the dragons, humans, or even wolf.

"Is that all you have to ask of me?" Thoughtful asked after a moment. When everyone nodded he moved on by saying, "Alright, then I suppose we had better get to the lesson I have been eager to teach since last night. It is not particular fascinating, but it brings you one step closer to our culture. Cody, will you stand and join me?"

"What do I do?" Cody asked as he stood and faced Thoughtful, who also stood straight and tall.

"Imagine I am the king of one of your human cities. In your culture, how would you greet me if you were anything less than royalty yourself?"

Cody lips twitched in confusion before he put a hand over his breast and bowed low to Thoughtful, putting his other hand out in a very exaggerated but fluid movement. In return, the Dreamkeeper put a hand to his own breast, but instead of bowing he brought his hand out, and as he did he slowly made a fist until the fist was fully formed about a foot from his chest.

"That is how I would normally answer any sort of respectful greeting from anyone," Thoughtful said. "However, if I were to greet someone above me, I would do this." Thoughtful had his fist against his breast again and brought it out like before, but flattened it into an open palm, the motion almost looking as though he had thrown something at Cody from an angle. "And if I was greeting someone lesser or equal to myself, I would do this." He kept his hand open while he did the same motion, the entire time.

"It's a bit confusing," Aval said rather quickly.

Thoughtful smiled. "Indeed it would appear so, but there is a story that we tell to help our children master it. When meeting a better, you grab a piece of your heart and offer it to him. He will accept your heart with joy and add it to his own, that your courage and loyalty prepare his heart for protecting his people. But when you see someone lesser or equal, open a path to your heart in friendship, that you may be honest during your meeting and lies will not pass your lips. Try it now among yourselves. Pretend that Cody is a king and you are but lowly peasants."
Cody smiled at them and waited for his friends to approach, when Aval mumbled just loud enough to hear, "Take a piece of your heart and offer it to him."