Victoria G Interviews Ava Breeze

Victoria G: What inspired you to become an actress?

Ava Breeze: I was inspired to become an actress by looking at actors and actresses on TV at a young age and wanting to be like them. I thought they were so cool so I asked my mother how I can become like the people in the screen and it took off from there.

VG: Who are your acting inspirations?

AB: I have a lot of acting inspirations just from looking at scenes across all movie eras to study the motivations the characters possess and how to make things believable. I have actually been using the TV show "Schitts Creek" recently, while working on "Irreverand." Observing the casts strange and small character habits that enhance each character, and the small moments when there are no lines, how To be "in" each moment! Looking at the "Schiits Creek" characters facial expressions, hand gestures, even vocal pitch and speed, has taught me a lot.

VG: What is your favorite thing about acting?

AB: My favorite thing about acting would definitely be stepping into other people's lives and becoming them while you are in the roll. It's like the ultimate game of make pretend and I get to feel what it would feel like in different circumstances and become someone else, and yet while doing so be vulnerable to learning pieces of myself and truly use those pieces....

VG: What was your first acting job?

AB: My first acting job was a student film when I was 2 1/2 years old. It was called "A Familiar Road" by Al Ponton. It was a horror movie and I was the talking scary doll that kept changing back and forth from a person to a doll....

VG: What is your favorite project you have ever done?

AB: My favorite acting project so far would be the Feeding America commercial: I thought it was really cool because it was my first National commercial and it was for such a good cause. I got to see what I real set looks like and it was so much fun!

VG: What are some qualities you look for in a project?

AB: I look at what the part could teach me or what the director could teach me.... I also see through the sides if I identify with it. I imagine what I could bring to the character and if it's a good fit. I also look at what is required. for example, for the right part I would be willing to cut or change my hair... I consider all variables....

VG: Which character that you have played so far has been the most similar to you?

AB: The character I have played that is the most similar to me would be Judith on Irreverand. We are both very intelligent, I try to always be a straight A student in honors classes and we are both very passionate in what we believe in, while what we believe in may differ, the passion is there.

VG: What inspired you to become a singer?

AB: I don't think it was one moment that inspired me, I think it is who I am as a person. I have always loved music since before I could speak and I constantly have different melodies and ideas in my head for songs so becoming a singer came naturally. I love music with every fiber of my being and I am excited to see what my future in music holds.

VG: What is your favorite thing about singing?

AB: My favorite things about singing would be how it is a form of communication that surpasses words. The harmonies, vocals, and the instruments combine together to create a mood and tell a story. It shows raw emotion and singing to me has helped me get through so many hard times and realize deeper emotions.

VG: Who are your musical inspirations?

AB: I definitely look up to Billie Eilish and Auroura because I can connect to their music and I love the vibe their songs have. I admire Ariana Grande, and Christina Aguilera's voices. Their vocal range is so impressive. I listen to these artists often to learn things from each of their styles.