Chapter 3

One Week Later...

As the day of Kasumi's live had arrived, I headed over to the venue in which it was going to be. As I approached, I saw quite a lot of people queuing up to get in as well. Most of them are probably there to support their favorite idol groups as from what I gleaned from me and Kasumi's most recent conversation, the Nijigasaki idol club is not the only people performing today.

Once I had gotten through the queue and I soon joined the crowd who was waiting for it to start. I know that Kasumi and Takasaki are part of the idol club, but I wonder if I'm acquainted with anyone else. It is a huge school, but maybe I'll at least recognize a member if they are also a second year even if I don't know their name.

Eventually, the live began and after groups from other schools performed, girls from Nijigasaki started to perform. First up was Uehara, whom I recognized from my class. However, for the most part I couldn't recognize most of them with the exception of Ai, who I do consider a friend I talk to sometimes and I do get along with.

When Kasumi walked up onto stage, she began to perform. The vibe she gave off and her performance itself was so undeniably cute to me and out of anything I had seen today, I had enjoyed hers the most. The part of her performance that I had loved the most however was just how it seemed like she was enjoying being up there. I wonder how she would respond if I said that to her.

Eventually, Kasumi's performance came to an end and after a few more performances, the live came to an end. After that, I headed to the specific entrance that me and Kasumi had agreed to meet up at. I sat at a nearby bench and about ten minutes later, Kasumi arrived.

"Hey Kasumi, you were great up there. You were way cute and I definitely enjoyed watching you up there." I said

"It makes me really happy to hear that Y/n." Kasumi responded as she finally reached me and sat beside me.

"And I could definitely tell how happy to be up there." I said

"Of course I was happy to be up there. I've always wanted to be a school idol, ever since I was a kid." Kasumi said

"Then I'm glad you were finally able to become one." I replied "You've definitely got a fan in me."

Me and Kasumi talked for a while longer when a voice said "Hey Kasumi, aren't you coming with us? Wait, L/n?" I turned to see that it was Takasaki.

"Hey Takasaki. I came to cheer Kasumi on." I said before turning to Kasumi "I guess you have plans to celebrate with the others in the idol club in a bit, but how about as a way for me to congratulate you for an amazing first live, we go get something to eat or something?" I began to get up and said "I'll see you later."

Before I could start to walk away, I heard Kasumi say "How about you come join us?"

"I think I'll pass. You girls are celebrating your success so don't worry about me." I said

"We wouldn't mind you joining us." Takasaki said "If that's why you're declining of course."

"So how about it?" Kasumi asked

I shrugged and smiled "Well if you two say so then sure."

I followed them to where they went and saw that waiting in a group was eight other girls.

"There you are Yuu." Uehara said before she noticed that I was with Takasaki and Kasumi.

"You're Y/n L/n, right?" A girl with black hair asked. She looks familiar, but I have zero clue from where.

"I am. Do I know you?" I asked

"This is the first time we've spoken, but I'm Setsuna Yuki." she replied. I still don't recognize her, but okay.

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" Ai asked

"Hey Ai. I came to cheer on Kasumi because she told me about it last week and they asked if I wanted to come join you girls. By the way, I was way surprised to see you up there." I said

"I guess I forgot to tell you about it." Ai said

"You two know each other?" Kasumi asked

"Yeah, we're friends." I responded

"I'm pretty sure I've seen you napping in the courtyard after school before." a girl with light brown hair said

"I may or may not do that on occasion." I responded, shrugging

The group spoke for a bit, with introductions between me and the others. I'm not exactly great with names or remembering things in general really, but I tried to get their names to stick in my head and I think it was somewhat effective.

"So where exactly are we going?" I asked

"We were going to go get something to eat." Osaka answered.

"I'm curious about how L/n and Kasumi know each other." Asaka said "How about you tell us while we're there?"

I shrugged and agreed before the Nijigasaki idol club and I started to head to a diner that they had decided to go to. I'll tell them about how Kasumi and I met, but there is one thing about my relationship with her that I don't think I'll tell anybody yet, except maybe Ai at some point. The more time I spend with Kasumi, the more I'm starting to think that I may fall for her.