The Sandlot

You've been best friends with the sandlot boys for as long as you can remember. You guys grew up together, and you can tell you will be life long friends. You've also been in love with Benny Rodriguez for as long as you can remember. 

You and the boys are having a sleepover tonight at the treehouse. You guys are going to make s'mores and tell scary stories about the Beast, like you always do. 

Your parents just left for work and you were home alone, pouring a bowl of cereal. You hear a knock on your door and walk over to it. You open the door to see Benny wearing his Rodriguez jersey and his LA Dodgers cap. 

"Hey, Benny," you say, smiling. 

"Hi, y/n. I wanna show you something," he said, eagerly. 

"What is it?"

"I can't tell you. You gotta come with me to the sandlot," he excitedly said. 

"Right now?"

"Is that okay?"

"Um, yeah sure, let me grab my jacket," you said and turned around. 

"You left it at my house, here, I brought it for you," he said, handing you your  coat.

"Oh, thanks!"

"Now, come on!" He grabs your hand and pulls you down the road. He runs super fast, so he was yanking your arm, forcing you to catch up. 

"Benny! Benny, slow down!" You shout, laughing. 

He laughs along with you and you guys eventually get to the sandlot. 

"Alright, Benny, what is it?" You ask, giggling. 

"I got a new bat!" He exclaims.

"Why didn't you bring it to my house? Why did we have to come all the way here?" You ask him, laughing.

"Just look at it," he said, shoving the bat into my hands. 

I look at the wooden bat, it looks really nice. "It's nice, I like it."

"Turn it over," he orders. 

You flip the bat around and see your name carved into the wood. After your name there is a little heart. Your heart completely melts. What does this mean?

"Benny..."

"Do you like it?" He asks, nervously.

"Yes, I love it! But, why did you do it?"

"Y/n... I've had a crush on you ever since we were little kids," he says.

"You have?"

"Of course I have. Who doesn't? Look at you, you're so beautiful! Your beautiful (h/c) hair, your amazing eyes! You're so sweet, funny, and you're amazing at baseball. And, you're my best friend!" 

"Oh wow... I like you too, Benny. I have since, since we were little kids," you admit.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."