I drop to my knee's, tears escaping my eyes, dripping off my chin and on to the damp ground. A sob racks my body, tearing through my throat loudly.

"It's your own fault, you know. If you'd just done what I'd asked, she wouldn't be dead. It's like your family all over again." A sob racks my body at his words, my eyes still glued to the motionless body on the ground a few feet away.

Not again. Where is Abe? What are they doing letting this happen?

Amon makes a choeing nose, bending down beside me and rubbing soothing circles on my back. "Do not fret, little fire. She is in a better place now, I assure you."

"Get away from," I spit, jumping away from him and angrily wiping my tears away. "Don't touch me. I hate you! How could you? She hasn't done anything to you!"

Hugo, hurry up! I'll distract him!

"Your selfish, you know that?" I seethe. "Your a selfish, heartless, cold, monster." I can see annoyance building up inside Amos but he keeps his features cool, calm, and collected, giving off no sign of irritation.

"You killed someone for your own selfish reasons and than blame it on me. What do you want Abe for anyway?" I ask, still distracting him but generally curious.

"Abe has something of mine, and I want it back. Simple." Amos say's coolly.

"What does he have?"

"A ring." I freeze for a moment before shaking out of it.

Abe's ring. He want's his ring? Is that why Abe flipped out when I took it from him? Because it was so important?

"So why not just take it and be on your way? You've broken into my house without me knowing several times, why not do the same?" I ask.

"It's not that simple--"

"Oh, really?" I chuckle humorlessly. Amos glares at me for cutting him off, anger building up inside him and becoming more noticeable. "No, I get it. You wanted the pleasure of causing someone pain, right? You didn't want to go the easy way, but the fun way. Killing is fun to you, isn't it? You enjoy hurting others. You enjoy they're misery."

Come on, Hugo!

Amos eyes narrow into slits, burning into me like scorching fire.

"Your a ignorant, selfish, pig-headed, two-faced, jerk. You think it's funny, don't you? To hurt people?" I snort and send him my harshest glare. Amos is now fuming, his body practically shaking with rage.

"And you know what?"

Hugo, hurry!

Amos hisses at me, bearing his fangs and I hold back a flinch at the large canines.

"Pig-headedness doesn't make you a man, neither does arrogance. Your not a man, your a fool. Your a lying, gullible, fool--"

I don't get to finish my sentence before Amos has his fingers wrapped tightly around my neck. I claw at his hands, my lungs already starting to burn form lack of oxygen.

"You know nothing, little girl. I have lived many more years than you. I've seen things that'd make your nightmares look like nothing - like a dream compared to reality. I need that ring, and so help me--" My vision starts swarming with black dots before the hold around my neck suddenly disappears, my body dropping to the ground as I begin gasping for air.

My eyes fling up instantly, still blurry but as they slowly come into focus, I gasp, quickly sending me into a coughing fit.

Amos stands perfectly still, his stance stiff and mouth dropped open in astonishment. And in his chest, a stake, piercing his heart. Blood begins to leak from his wound and through his pristine white shirt. He opens and closes his mouth like a fish, his eyes meeting mine for a split second before his body begins to fall to the ground.

I keep gasping for air as I stare at Amos laying on the ground, un-moving. His features start to become a sickly gray, cracks breaking a across his face and skin.

He's dead. He's actually dead.

After regaining my breath completely, I look up at Abe wide-eyed, surprised and relieved all at once.

"Abe," I choke.

Abe closes his eyes for a moment, seemingly trying to calm himself, and than opens them to stare strait into my own. He appears beside me and takes my hands in his large on, his other coming up to cup my cheek.

"He killed her." I say breathlessly. "And then you killed him - with a stake." I say, pointing out the obvious.

"Shh, Shh. I know, it's alright." He choes. He cradles me in his arms but my eyes stay latched onto the limp body laying on the ground, brunette hair surrounding her small body.

"It's over..."

"It's over." Abe whispers, kissing my cheek.

Aria and Hugo appear not two seconds later, taking in the scene before them. They walk around the still body's, nudging them lightly as if to assure themselves they're actually dead.

Hugo sighs, wrapping his arms around his wife and resting his chin on her shoulder.

"That wen't a bit easier than I thought it would." Hugo comments.

"But Becca's dead - again." I point out solemnly making the couple send me a sad glance.

"We're sorry about your friend, Nicole." Aria say's, her voice sincere.

I sigh, finally tearing my eyes away from her body and burying it into Abe's chest. The tears beginning to stream down my cheeks again like a waterfall but I ignore them.

"Can we go home?" I ask.

"Yes. We can go home, aimer [love]." Abe whispers, kissing the top of my head.

~-~

∂εғιηε ∂εsιяεOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara