Chapter 1: The Strange World

I still couldn't get over the blockiness of the world. The ground, the hills, the trees, all made of blocks. I accidentally hit a tree, and marks showed up on it. I started punching the tree, and a block came out of it. I picked it up and started observing it. In the corner of my eye, I saw something that said: "Wood can be used to..." I ignored the rest. Then I saw something on the thing that said: "Can be used to make wood planks." Hmm... I thought about crafting, and then I remebered four little squares together in my inventory. Those were probably crafting. Wow. Such a small scrafting space. I decided I should probably get more wood before I started crafting, and ran to a tree.

You know, it was actually kind of fun, being able to punch trees and all. I especially liked when apples fell from the leaves, that were actually floating! I just didn't understand this game. There was no logic, whatsoever. Floating leaves, blocks, everything made out of pixels, it just didn't make sense. The wood in my hand could only go in stacks of sixty-four, so I got two. Once I had one hundred twenty-eight blocks of wood, Iopened my inventory and put in sixty-four at first, which gave me two hundred and fifty-six oak wood planks; four stacks of sixty-four. I put the other stack of wood in, which gave me another two hundred and fifty-six oak wood planks. I know had eight stacks of sixty four. I put one block in each crafting slot in my inventory and got... a crafting table? I thought crafting was in the inventory! Was this just a gag? I heard minecraft has tricks in it. Oh well.

I brought down the crafting table into my inventory, and placed it in front of me. I put one piece of wood on it and nothing happened. Then I put two, and got sticks. Hmm... I had heard of tools that you make. Maybe this is what you do. Since I had so many wooden planks, I made 48 sticks. I put two sticks on the bottom left and middle left, and then one wood on top left, but nothing happened. Maybe this was just to get sticks. I put in the same formation, except this time I put another wood plank in the top middle, next to the other one. Still nothing. I put one on the top left, too, just to make sure, but again, nothing happened. I moved each stick over one to the right, and then something popped up in the left spot away from the three by three square. It read "Wooden Pickaxe. +1 Damage."  I picked up the wooden pickaxe, and figure it was for mining, like in the real world.

Crafting was fun. I put in a bunch of other combinations until I couldn't figure out anymore. I now had a wooden pickaxe, and wooden shovel, a wooden hoe, a wooden axe, and a wooden sword. I got my crafting table, and saw that my hunger bars were going down. I had lost four. I needed to get food. But where to get food...