Chapter 1

Misty's P.O.V
Tokyo, Japan to many people is a scary place for the ghouls that mostly rule over the city; people afraid to go out at night in fears that they may become a ghoul's next meal. How funny it is that many of those ghouls those people fear walk in daylight just like myself and the supernatural; we all put in an effort to blend into society so that we may live normal lives.

Normal...now there's a laugh; what is the meaning of that word? Well I suppose to me it would be running my store during the day and by night I hunt humans that are criminals. Normal would be me going to Anteiku after I close just so I could have a tea and warm food in my stomach.

That's what makes me different from ghouls and from even half ghouls. They all need to eat humans, drink coffee but could not eat regular human food since it made them weak and very sick depending how much they try to eat. I could eat human food, drink animal blood if required I had lived a healthy balanced diet.

Currently I had gone for my lunch hour which consisted of bringing the owner of Hysy Masks...Uta his order of goods for his work. The very first ghoul I met seven or eight years ago when I came to this city to hide from the hunters.

I walked past alley ways and could smell the ghouls that lingered in them no doubt looking for easy meals and I knew some of those ghouls resided in the territory that I called Sanctuary. It's a place of safety and acceptance but I do keep a close eye on those who come and go I basically have a file on who lives in the sector; there were not many doves or hunters that come into that area due to how protected my territory is. I claimed it for the ghouls that couldn't hunt or protect themselves, for the humans that needed a restart in their lives, and for the supernatural that needed a safe place from those that threatened us, and from their own problems.

I felt a rain drop hit my cheek and gave a small smile as I didn't mind the rain it seemed whenever the weather was cloudy or gloomy like now I tended to get lost in my thoughts more often. Maybe it's cause I associate gloomy weather with bad days and things like loosing my mother, when I had gotten hurt and Uta had saved me.

Uta can be a friendly person when you were on his good side; but if you harmed or did anything in anyway to irritate him then you better pray he would have no mercy. I walked inside after a bit and smiled softly relaxing in the darkness of the environment that Uta had in his store.

I listened hearing his heart beat and walked towards where he was working on a mask and smiled. "Afternoon Uta; I brought your orders."

Uta stopped what he was doing and his ghoul eyes that always showed looked back and a small smile on his face. "Ah right on time; thank you Misty did you get everything?"

I took out the order list as we started going over the list again just to make double sure everything was there. Uta didn't mind helping and as soon as we were done I helped him to start putting it away.

"This is why your my favourite customer you ask for some hard to get items; I'm just glad I can accommodate you." I was putting some of the garbage away.

"I knew you could do it; how's the shop today? Is it busy or quiet?" Uta spoke as he was putting some finishing touches on the mask he was currently working on.

"I've had about ten or so people in today; lots of them bought music and a few other things. I even got asked to draw an eye view of the city it's going to be fairly big." I sat on a stool watching him work I usually took an hour for lunch of which most of the time was used to be here where I could relax.

Uta smiled glancing to me once he finished the mask. "That's a big commission but I'm sure you can do it Misty; you have always been able to do a miracle. How was your hunt last night?"

It clicked and I took my mask out of the inner pocket of the sweater I was currently wearing. "Well I got enough blood for a bit and fed ghouls and supernatural's for a bit but it wasn't without a cost. Sadly I did run into a little problem from a hunter and well...my mask took damage." Showing the mask that had a fracture and a small chunk of it missing.

Uta's P.O.V
Uta chuckled softly as he gently took the broken mask looking it over he remember when he made this mask for Misty it was to keep her safe but it was made not long after they became friends.

Misty was a big help since she opened her store he had found it easy to get whatever mask making supplies he needed.

"I'm sure I can get it fixed I'll need a few days will that be alright?" He set her mask at his work station so he could begin work right away on it.

Misty smiled happily her eyes shining with happiness. "Yes that's alright; if I need anything I can just go to Anteiku. How busy have you been?"

"A little busier then usual which isn't too bad just mostly ghouls; which reminds me have you heard about the human boy that was on the news and had been crushed by a steel beam."

"Yes it was sad to hear what happened; last I heard he needed some surgery to save his life. I can only imagine how he will feel to know he was literally in deaths hands and was hopefully saved." She spoke and the sadness in her eyes and it reminded Uta that she may be half vampire but she was also half human and she had emotions like a human she spent time with them like ghouls.

"Actually this mask that I just finished I'm delivering to Anteiku; the boy is called Ken Keneki and he is a half ghoul. The doctor put organs from Rize into the boy and in turn he became a one eyed ghoul...he's a half ghoul and very scared actually. The boy came here a few days ago with Touka."

"Ah that poor kid; what time do you have to bring the mask? If it's after work I'd love to join you I want to meet him as well. And it's only a matter of time before he needs to meet me." She spoke her eyes reflecting the light off of them.

Uta smiled softly. "I was going to ask if you wanted to come; I'm sure it's quiet enough that we can both close fairly early." He moved wrapping the mask for Keneki.

"You know I wouldn't miss the chance to meet him. A half ghoul not born but made from the organs of a female ghoul; and not just any old ghoul but the Binge Eater herself that's scary." She smiled and her small fangs shined slightly as they pressed against her bottoms lip.

Uta chuckled and walked over grabbing his hat and jacket grabbing the wrapped mask and saw Misty waiting for him. He walked over holding his hand out and when she took it he weaved their fingers together walking outside and he locked up his store before they walked to her's just as it started raining and Misty got them umbrella's.

Uta thought back to when he saved Misty she had been new to Tokyo and had been out hunting when a supernatural hunter had arrived and had attacked the already weakened woman. Uta had watched before he killed the hunter and saved the female that now stuck by his side; he looked to her as she held his free hand and smiled softly kissing the top of her head and chuckled seeing her blushing darkly.

(I'm sorry for everyone who has read the story but I found it so cringe worthy I'm rewriting and I promise it will be much better. So please like, read and comment if you want. Thank you 😊)