Meeting the Family // A.B.

Start from the beginning

Anthony pauses their journey. "Are you okay?" He asks, a note of concern in his voice.

"I'm nervous," (Y/N) confesses bashfully, "What if they don't like me? What if they hate me so much that you end things? I'm having so much fun with you, Anthony. I don't want this to end."

"Hey," Anthony whispers, taking her face in his hands, urging her to look at him, "You're going to be fine. They're going to love you, I know it. I've spoken about you so much they feel they already know you."

"You talk about me?" (Y/N) asks, her voice small.

Anthony presses a kiss to her forehead. "Constantly. I'm surprised they haven't kicked me out with how much I talk about you."

"You're really very sweet."

"Only because of you," He flirts, pushing his luck by kissing her quickly.

(Y/N) laughs softly against his mouth. "You're incorrigible."

Anthony laughs gently, pulling away from her lips but keeping hold of her hands. "I'm as nervous as you," He confesses, "But I have you by my side to help me get through just as you have me through this too. Any time you want to go, let me know and I'll call your carriage back round."

"Thank you," She whispers before Anthony continues on down the hall, his hand squeezing hers tightly.

"Are you sure you still want to do this?" Anthony asks, double checking, voice wavering as they stand outside the door to the drawing room. "My family can be a bit much to meet all at once."

"We're nothing of the sort!" A masculine voice shouts from behind the door.

A surprised laugh leaves (Y/N) lips. She covers her mouth to bring back the mask of perfect decorum, not wanting to insult a member of Anthony's family. "I'm ready when you are," She whispers, smiling at the eldest Bridgerton.

"Sooner rather than later," Anthony whispers before opening the door, giving her the first glimpse at his family.

The Bridgerton brood sit around the large drawing room. Sisters and brothers, husbands and wives – they all mix together as they wait for Anthony and his new beau. Each all fall silent as Anthony and (Y/N) enters the room; their first glimpse of her, their first conversation with her. Anthony had spoken about her constantly but refused to let any family meet her until they were both ready.

Now that moment had arrived.

"Mother," Anthony introduces to the silent room, "This is Miss (Y/N) (Y/L/N)."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," (Y/N) exclaims, smiling at the Bridgerton matriarch. "I've heard so much about you all," She continues, casting her gaze around the room.

"It's a pleasure for us too, dear (Y/N)," Violet announces, "Anthony has been nothing but a ball of nerves since he announced you would be joining us."

(Y/N) nods at the matriarch, feeling herself become speechless as she takes in the sheer size of Anthony's family. It isn't hard to tell who the Bridgertons are among the group are; they each have the same eyes and smile. "It's lovely to meet you all," (Y/N) announces, repeating her earlier words, unable to keep the nerves from entering her voice this time.

"I'm Benedict," The second eldest introduces, jumping up from his seat on the couch, holding his hand out for her to take.

"The artist!" (Y/N) gasps, "I've seen some of your work. You're exceptionally talented."

"Thank you," Benedict blushes, excusing himself with a pat to Anthony's shoulder, a silent sign that Benedict already approves.

"Help yourself to some tea," A younger woman exclaims in the brief silence between conversations, "I'd get up to greet you, but it would take twice as long as the conversation itself."