comfort is within your arms.

It's no secret that music, quiet music, helps Brett sleep. Especially if it's Eddy's playing. Or even just some Debussy music often has him drifting off. Even better, both.

Whenever his best friend sees a piano, the first piece that comes to his mind is Debussy's Clair de Lune. Brett hasn't heard Eddy play his piano in ages, though; but now they're back in Australia, home to Eddy's piano, he can hear the lovely melodies anytime, and he's 100% okay with that.

And so, as Brett does the video's outro, Eddy's hands roam the keys, the tinkling forming the gentle melody of Clair de Lune behind the camera. In an instant, Brett's eyes become heavy, his sudden surge of fatigue evident along his words. He fumbles lazily with the camera, finally finding the button to switch it off, Eddy's playing leaving him bleary-eyed in its wake.

He falls back on his chair, leaning back as he glances over adoringly at the sight of his love at his piano. Brett's thrown back to past years when Eddy's playing used to make him sleepy exactly like this, as his eyes close fully.

Eddy plays the last bar of the piece, the final notes fading into odd silence that makes him turn. A warm smile spreads on his face at the sight of Brett sleeping to his playing. He stands up, walking over to him as noiselessly as possible. He takes a moment to regard Brett's calmed image, before leaning close to give him a quick, light kiss, nothing more than a soft brush of his lips against his. Eddy then lifts Brett (very carefully, mind) and carries him to his room.

Eddy sets Brett down on the mattress, carefully taking off his glasses before pulling the blanket over him. He brushes Brett's hair from his forehead, taking a few moments to look over him again. Seeing him unperturbed during his sleep puts Eddy at ease; feeling like nothing is wrong in the world, merely from seeing his love calmed.

Eddy gives Brett another tender kiss, this time on his forehead, and he could've sworn he saw the corners of Brett's mouth quirk up in a smile for a fraction of a second. Eddy tiptoes out of the room, switching the light off as he goes.

How he wishes he could join Brett, but he's promised himself that he'd do at least a bit of work before heading to bed.

And so, after around an hour of writing emails, communicating with the team at Twoset Apparel, and other work, the sky has blackened and the moon has unveiled itself, and Eddy decides to call it a day.

He slides into bed next to Brett, taking off his glasses. Brett's back is to him; no matter. He drapes his arms around him, and Brett immediately rolls over, burying his face in Eddy's chest. Eddy smiles, one of the special smiles he has reserved for Brett and Brett only, before softly pressing his lips to his forehead again. Their ankles hook together as they bask in eachother's warmth.

Hours from now, one will wake up the other with gentle tickles and soft kisses, but for now, as the night progresses, they unconsciously curl closer into eachother, because even when they're asleep, they're in love.