part 3

"come on lilah we have to make team usa." says matthew in our hotel room.

"matthew i know that and we all want too, the main question is are they gonna let me play on the guys team." i say.

"hey guys what's going on?" says mitch as he and the boys walk into the room.

"do y'all think i'll be able to make the men's team usa team?" i say

"of course you can." says jack.

"100%" says andrei.

"guys stop shitballing me." i say

"lilah we aren't." says mitch.

"okay let's just go to practice." i say

at practice

"okay everyone we will be doing breakaway drills today. this is the last practice we'll have until you guys get your envelopes. remember, 15 forwards, 8 defenders, and 2 goalies will be invited to play for team usa." says the owner. "first up is lilah kane."

"a women trying to make team usa, funny." says a kid named samuelson.

"what the fuck did you just say asshole." says matthew.

matthew starts skating towards him.

"no matthew." i say as i hold him back. "this is your chance to make team usa if you get in a fight your done." i whisper in his ear.

"fuck off dickhead." i say to the dickhead guy.

i go up to the face off circle and start skating. i shoot the puck at the top left where i know the goalie is weak. and i scored.

the end of practice

"okay so everyone when i call your name come up and get an envelope. if you get one your in, if you don't try again next year." says the owner.

"matthew tkachuk" "mitch marner" "jack hughes" "andrei svechnikov" etc..." says the owner

there's one envelope left in his hand, me and the asshole from earlier are glaring at eachother.

"i've decided to save the best player last, this player showed terrific skills and leadership abilities. they also know how to keep their cool in situations. nevertheless, the final envelope will go to... lilah kane!" says the owner.

"heck yea ly!" says the boys.

i grab the envelope from the owner and go over to hug the boys.

"to everyone who didn't get an envelope, try again next year." says the owner.

the kids who didn't make the team grabbed their stuff and left the locker room.

"your jerseys will be here tomorrow. i have already chosen the one "C" and two "As"." says the owner.

"as you guys know i'm the owner of team usa not the coach, you will meet your coach tomorrow." says the owner

the boys and i always get a shower back at the hotel room so we don't have to wait as long and so i'm not uncomfortable in the locker room.

"hey lilah congrats. we all knew you would make it. we love you ly." says matthew.

"aww i love you guys too." i say

"so do you guys think we'll have a cool coach or an asshole coach." andrei says

"i hope he's cool with me playing on team usa as a girl." i say.

"he better be." says matthew.

"so who wants to play nhl while one of y'all get a shower?" i say.

"well i'm getting in first." says matthew.

"asshole." says andrei.

as matthew gets out of the shower he comes out in just a towel. then something happened. butterflies. oh my god. shit shit shit shit. am i falling in love with matthew tkachuk.

it's the next day and we all got a text from the owner:

     we will be meeting with the head coach today at 10, we will be meeting in the ball room.
reads the text.

"are y'all ready to meet the coach?" mitch says as we walk down to the ball room.

we're the first ones in there. the coach is standing infront of a white board as he scribbles words frantically around pictures. his phone goes off.

"oh shit hey guys sorry!" he says as he turns the board around.

i look at him and my eyes widen.

"coffey?" i say.

"lilah? hey lilah!" he says

i run and hug him so tight.

"holy shit coffee it's been like 2 years! what the hell happened?" i say.

"dang lilah it's a long story i'll tell you after the team meeting." he says.

"okay guys we'll this is coff- coach coffee, he was my bestfriend before he moved away from chicago when we were 14 (currently 16). coffee, shit sorry coach coffee this is matthew, jack, mitch, and andrei." i say as he shakes all their hands.

"hey guys i'm christian, but y'all can call me coffee, any friends of lilah are friends of mine. y'all are the only kids allowed to call me coffee instead of coach coffee." coffee says.

after the meeting was over coffee pulled me aside to talk to me about why he went MIA.

"hey lilah, so the reason i left was because i joined the fbi, as a profiler. i profiled serial killers. i cant believe i get to be your coach now. i hope we can start over." he says.

"of course we can coffee, how about you come up to the room to hang out with me and the boys." i say.

we get up to the room and i unlock the door.

"hey guys i brought coffee up to hang with us." i say but he chimed in.

"only if y'all are cool with that, i don't want to intrude."

"no coffee you're good. come play nhl with us." the boys say.

"ok." coffee says.

coffee squinted a lot at me and matthew. like he was analyzing something. suddenly this happened.

"matthew, lilah come outside with me for a second." coffee says.

"okay quit bullshiting eachother. matthew, i am an fbi profiler, i profile people's behavior. you two like eachother. and don't try to deny it, you guys can keep this private or go public with this information, but stop bullshiting eachother and face the fact." says coffee.

"coffee what the hell how did u know that." me and matthew say in unison.

"you two can figure this out." coffee says as he walks in the room and closes the door.

"WAIT COFFEE WE DONT HAVE A KEY." i say.

"that's the point kaney." says coffee

that was his nickname for me, but he's right, i do like matthew.