Chapter 2

A couple hours ago, the EU set up a private meeting between ASEAN, NATO, FBI, and CIA. They spoke amongst each other and came to the conclusion that the UN deserved a break. Not only did he need it because of his hard work and leadership, but also since he had you to care for. Knowing from babysitting experience, the organizations couldn't simply let the UN do work and look after a baby at the same time.

The UN received a call from the EU and he explained the conversation that he had earlier. Of course, the UN refused to take a break from keeping the countries from going into chaos and complained, but the EU said that he and the rest of the organizations had everything covered. The UN continued to try and talk the EU out of this idea, but unfortunately he hung up. 

You slept peacefully on top of the UN's chest as he lay on the couch. He was furious, almost slamming his phone on the coffee table beside him, but after realizing that you were asleep, he gently placed it down upon the glass. Sighing in frustration, he face palmed and mentally screamed. 

A few knocks on his door caught his attention. He perked up and carefully picked you up, standing up and gently placing you into the crib. He rested your head upon a small, fluffy pillow, covered you with a soft, small blanket, and put the cat plush near you. 

He opened the door to show South Korea, Japan, Nekomi, Germany, Russia, and America. They all held gifts in their hands. 

“Hello!” South Korea exclaimed, smiling.

“May we come in?” Nekomi asked. She—along with her friends and brother—seemed very excited.

The UN stepped out of the way. “Sure, come on in.” 

The friends entered except for South Korea who ran off and quickly returned, dragging North Korea in with him. As always, North did not seem happy, but instead grumpy. His arms were folded and he glared at the floor. He definitely did not want to be here.

They looked into the crib and watched as you slept. The UN gathered up all of their gifts and set them onto the kitchen table, coming back soon after and sitting on the couch. He observed the countries just in case they looked like they were doing anything suspicious.

North Korea scoffed. “What a pathetic little thing.”

His brother smacked him on the back of his head. “North!”

“Why did you have to bring him here?” America asked South Korea.

“I thought that he needed to be outside more, so I forced him to come along with us.” He explained.

“Looks like that wasn't such a good idea.” Russia said.

“You are all going to wake (Y/N) up if you keep talking loudly!” Germany whisper-yelled.

Suddenly, your (F/C) pupils were revealed as your eyes fluttered open. You looked up at the countries in curiosity.

“They're so cute!” Japan and Nekomi said in unison.

“Ugh, such a disgusting being—” North was cut off by a punch to the face, which knocked him down onto the floor.

Russia cracked his knuckle and continued to look at the child below him. 

“Dang, Rus.” America said.

“I think that punch may have broken his whole entire face.” Germany glanced at the Korean's body.

The Russian shrugged. “I don't care, he deserves it.”

Japan turned to the UN. “May I hold them?”

The UN nodded. “Be careful.”

Japan gently scooped you up into his arms and cradled you. You smiled and reached your hand up, accidentally scratching his chin. 

“I wanna hold them.” America said.

“Wait your turn, capitalist.” Russia said.

You were handed around to everyone. Once you reached the final country, which was North Korea, the UN stayed close by. He didn't want North to purposely drop you or harm you in any way.

Grasping onto North's nose with your tiny hands, you let out a small giggle and kicked your feet. 

“Aww! They like you!” Nekomi exclaimed.

A light blush appeared on North's face.

“Oh, you know what that means!” Japan looked at his sister.

“They're gonna have a strong bond!” The siblings said at the same time.

America shook his head, disappointed. “You two have read way too many fanfictions. Just because things like that occur in fanfics doesn't mean that it will actually happen right now or in the future.”

The UN took you from North Korea's arms. You were sad that you were taken away from the Korean, but at the same time, now you felt more safe with the UN. You tugged at his tie and played around with it.

“For once this fat pig is right, there is no way I am ever bonding with this monstrosity.” North said.

“Hey!” America was offended by his insult.

Russia walked up to the UN, holding the mini ushanka that his father had given you. He placed it down upon your head. Your pupils darted upwards to look at it. You giggled and touched the fur. 

“That is (Y/N)'s favorite hat to wear out of the ones I bought for them. They would always go for the ushanka everytime I had them choose a hat.” The UN explained, which made the Russian happy.

“My father would be proud.” Russia pat your head.

“What about the cat plush I got for them?” Nekomi asked. “Do they like it?”

The UN nodded. “Yup! (Y/N) loves it! I always put it next to them when they fall asleep!”

The countries stayed in the home for a few more hours until it was about time for them to leave. 

The UN opened the door for them and they all left. He went back to the crib, where you sat hugging your cat plush. You looked up at him, raising an eyebrow. 

He picked you up and sat down on the couch. 

“I wonder how you got here, into this world when you were loaded onto a vehicle?” He asked you. You simply tilted your head. “Maybe you fell out of the vehicle and into a river? No...but how would a river get you here though? A portal of some sort must have opened.”

He thought of many possibilities in his head, but he eventually shrugged it off and turned on the television.