Just Harry

A black-haired figure sat at a wobbly table in one of the most deserted parts of the library. The place may not have had very good lighting for reading, but what mattered was that almost no one had come that far to the back of the library. This made it pleasantly quiet and deserted. Perfect.

The aforementioned figure, unconcerned with the moving table, was writing with concentration a transmutation essay that had to be turned in the next day. From time to time they would glance at the book over the piece of paper they was writing on. You can probably figure out who it is. And if not, a red-and-gold tie, round glasses, and a scar on their forehead might be a hint. That's right. Harry Potter himself! The thing is, our dear Harry was hiding something. And that something is...

"Harriet Potter, right?"

Surprised, Gryffindor lifted his head up from his work and looked at his housemate who, out of nowhere, had appeared at his table. Before Harry had time to respond to her question in any way, the girl continued.

"This is so exciting! I know everything about you! I've read all the books about you. You're a living legend! Is it true that-"

"Just Harry" Potter interrupted her awkwardly.

Surprised for a moment, she stood with her mouth open as if she couldn't believe that someone had interrupted her. After a moment she mastered herself by closing her mouth and wrinkling her brow slightly.

"Excuse me?" she asked puzzled. Apparently she didn't catch what he meant, because she was too focused on her stream of words.

"I'd appreciate it if you called me Harry. I don't like my full name" Potter replied. After a moment he added awkwardly, wanting to explain himself somehow. "Sounds too official."

"Oh" she sighed in surprise. After a moment she shook herself off and added. "Well... okay. Although Harriet is such a pretty name-"

"But I don't like it" Harry replied quickly with annoyance. He grunted awkwardly feeling foolish for his outburst. "Sorry..."

"All right. So... Harry, I see you've been doing your homework. Can I join you?" she asked hopefully.

Potter, pleased that the girl had used 'Harry', smiled and nodded slightly returning his gaze to the essay. The girl sat down on the other side of the table and took out her books.

"I'm Hermione, by the way. Hermione Granger " she added with a smile and Harry replied with a nod without stopping his writing. "Just wondering, why are you wearing a boy's uniform?"

Harry gave her a quick, nervous glance and fixed his gaze on the parchment again.

"I, uh.. I don't like skirts."

"Oh, okay. I like them, but it's not like you have to like what everyone else likes" she smiled reassuringly, clearly seeing that her new friend was getting nervous.

"Yeah..." the Gryphon replied with an uncertain smile. The sudden thought that perhaps... perhaps something of this will work, filled him with hope. Maybe Hermione would understand...

Because he's not Harriet Potter.
He's not her.
He's just Harry.

-------------
Hi!
I corrected some of the error that i caught, but i probably made more mistakes. English isn't my first language and it was my firt attempt at writing something that long in english, so I hope it's not that bad for the first time 😶
I might continue this bc i really like trans!Harry thread, but idk if I'll have time for this. My life's not the best right now and I have to focus on it for the time being.