11/15

Time Out.

You needed to figure these feelings out. You couldn't go to practice worrying that you might do something stupid, fussing over the way you interacted with the team, and avoiding Oikawa as though he was some sort of alien from outer space. With heavy footsteps, you slowly made your way to the teacher's lounge, where you knew you would find the club's adviser. Excusing yourself, you walked in, immediately heading towards the man. "Irihata-kantoku?" you asked, catching his attention. "If you have a moment, I'd like to talk to you about my role in the club."

Three hours had passed since school had ended, which you had spent finishing homework. It was surprising how much free time you now had; you used to spend these hours managing the volleyball team. Sighing, you pushed yourself off the bed, heading downstairs, listening to the creaking of the stairs against the silence of the empty house.

The doorbell rang, which surprised you. You hadn't expected any visitors, and it was quite unlikely that your parents would be home by now. You quickly responded with a curt, "Coming!" and then racing towards the front door, not wanting to keep the visitor waiting long.

Behind the red door was Oikawa and Iwaizumi, both with frowns plastered on their faces. You tilted your head in confusion. Practice had barely ended. How did they get here so fast? "What are you guys doing?"

Oikawa stepped in, followed by Iwaizumi, and slammed the door shut. "When were you planning to tell us you quit being our manager?"

"Irihata-kantoku said he'd tell you guys," you replied calmly, though on the inside, fear blazed inside of you. You had never seen Oikawa this angry.

"But it's not right, {y/n}-chan." The way he had used the honorific made you want to kneel down on your knees and beg for forgiveness. "It's only right that you tell us, your friends, your teammates, that you were quitting on us."

"It's not like I was actually part of the team," you argued, mumbling slightly. "I was merely there."

Iwaizumi grunted. "You know, you actually boosted our team morale during games and practices. Our kouhai look up to you more than they do to this idiot."

Oikawa ignored the insult. "We're your friends, {y/n}," he whispered. "Did we really not deserve to know?"

"N-No!" you protested, eyes widening at the thought. "Of course not! I... I just didn't know how to tell you guys."

His face softened, and he pulled you into a hug. "{y/n}..." he whispered, and you felt your knees buckle at his touch. "{y/n}, please come back to the team."

You came to your senses, and pushed the boy away. Shooting him a sad smile, you opened the door to your house. "I'm sorry, Oikawa-kun."

He stared at you, hands clenched into fists, before turning around and leaving in his dramatic manner, not bothering to bid you goodbye. Iwaizumi stopped at the door, turning to look at you in scrutiny. "He's not the only one who wants you to come back, you know." He pursed his lips. "Come back to the team, yeah?"

You simply smiled. Iwaizumi left, and you closed the door behind him.

Volleyball Club Roster (Adviser: Irihata Nobuteru)
Oikawa Tooru - Captain
Iwaizumi Hajime - Vice Captain
- Manager
Matsukawa Issei
Hanamaki Takahiro
Yahaba Shigeru
Watari Shinji
Kindaichi Yuutarou
Kunimi Akira
Kyoutani Kentarou