Forbidden Places

Prologue

Someone great once said that you cant have perfection because everyone is flawed and if you try to be perfect, your building yourself up so high that you couldn't possibly come down. These are the quotes I have based my whole life on but what if one day they are proved wrong? What will happen then? Will society crumble, like everyone who has come before us? In that time of desperation, will God be there to help us, to guild us? If the moments start slipping away and the young start to die, will God be there? If we chose to make our own way in life and stray from the path that God has given us, will we survive? These questions have stayed in my mind since I was a little girl and now I am finally starting to understand what they mean.

I know that I don't have much of a chance at surviving this, but I still want to believe. As though God sent me a sign, I knew I had to make sure my heart kept beating. The slow, steady beat of the monitor is the only sound I can hear. I lay here in a soft, white bed, I finally have time to look at the world through different eyes, to be thankful for what I have. Minutes, maybe hours go by. I use the monitor to count the seconds.

I can't open my eyes because the pain will come back and I can't move my body because it doesn't react. It's like my head is disconnected from the rest of my body. I can feel the heat radiating off me, like I need the heat to survive and instead of feeling pain, I feel like I'm myself again. Something I haven't felt like in a long time. I can feel a tear running down my cheek, slow but fast, horrible yet perfect. For once, I feel at peace with myself. I feel a soft touch on my left hand. Forgetting about the pain, I try to open my eyes but the sharp, shooting, in the back of my head stops me.

The only voice I have heard for a long time is the doctors, so I am used to that voice. I can't make out what the doctor is saying. I think he's trying to calm down who ever is here. The place where the person is touching starts to burn. Like my body is by a fire and my hand is sitting in it. It is almost unbearable but like I have done for so long, I put on a brave face and endure it. The stranger lets go and it sounds like he or she is yelling at the doctor. I only can hear snippets of what they are saying but the thing that catches my attention is when they say 'She is dying! How could you just let her slip away like that? She deserves to live!' I hear them sobbing 'I love her.'

They love me? Who loves me? In one last attempt to see who is talking, I force my eyes to open but when they do I can't see anything but blurry blobs. The room is spinning and my head is throbbing. The doctor noticed that I had slightly moved and opened my eyes just enough, I could hear the doctor say 'She's coming around!' Two sets of footsteps rush toward me. My bed rattled. I let out a low moan and shut my eyes. The doctor was saying 'Sweetie? Can you hear me? Blink once if you can.' I tried to blink but it was mostly just a fail. Instead I moan again. He understood. I could feel the other person pushing his way through so he could talk to me.

"Jenny?" he grabbed my hand again. "You stay with me now! Don't leave me!"

All I could hear after that was muffled voices. As I try to listen harder, I slowly drift into what feels like a never ending sleep.

When I awoke, day was just breaking and this time I could open my eyes and see everything clearly. My room was empty. There were some flowers sitting on the bedside table and a card that said 'Feel Better' scrawled on it. A smile played on my lips as I laid back down.

________________________________________________________

I started this story a while and i want to know what you guys think!

Like, Comment, Vote!

Much love! <3

ps. comment if you want more :)