nightfall

nightfall

"Just close it an hour earlier, I heard there's a riot of two gangs in the area." She heard Giselle's voice.

"Okay, I get it."

-

Karina punched the code for the rolling door covering the small pharmacy where she works.

"Is it close?"

"HOLY F—" Karina covered her own mouth.

The guy stunned still, didn't even apologize for almost geting Karina's heart jumped off her throat. She take a good quick scan through the guy, black hoodie with the hood up covering a black cap and his face, all she could see is the thin lips which bruised in the edge. His hands are both inside the hoodie pocket. When he glance up, Karina caught his left eyebrow is pierced.

"Y-yeah of course we're closed it's 9 pm already." She raps it very quick because damn the guy looks like he's gonna rob her anytime soon.

"Fuck." He murmured.

Yeah of course fuck me for meeting a thug in the middle of the night.

Okay, she still got three hours before midnight but shit she wants to run.

"Do you know any other pharmacies nearby?" he asks.

Karina knew her pupils are infocus, moving to look at anywhere because panicking while pushing your brain to think is not easy. "Well, I-don't—"

Suddenly he pulls his hand out if the pocket and Karina winched.

If there's gun then this is it.

This is how I die?

Wow. No, not now, I haven't finished watching that drama with Lee Do Hyun in it, I haven't go and see Ateez concert, I havent—

"Jesus..." Karina gasped to see his wrist bandaged with a blood covered piece of cloth.

"I need alcohol swab or something."

"No, sir, you need to see doctor."

He paused and Karina knew she's doomed. She just lectured a thug.

"I can't, uh, too much questions."

Karina gulped before, with trembling hand, she punches another code and the rolling door of the pharmacy opens automatically. She could keep on shaking her head and say no, but what happened to humanity? Well, nothing happen to it because if this guy is one of the local gang who was in the news, then he's also fuck the humanity up.

But Karina is the problem, it's impossible for her to not cry when she saw a little kitten hungry or hurt on the street, then it's impossible for her to put that cold poker face to see a thug with bleeding hands too.

That's a unequal comparison which Karina needs to learn.

She stands behind the glass display and the guy standing cross her, outside the glass display. "May I see the wound?" she asks.

The guy's gesture is about to say no but Karina open her palm, asking for his hand. He's hesitated before giving it. Karina opened the bandage and saw a long cut wound. Her nosy self really can't help but wondering what happened to him, he fought? Is the news Giselle read in the newspaper this morning true? She exhales before asking him to follow her. They went to a sink, she need to clean it to see if the wound need any stitches. After wash it, where the guy didn't even whimpered or making any sound while Karina knew any wound is a bitch when meeting water or any sterile liquid.