"I'll do it." Meanwhile, Clarke and Monty helped Octavia walk better, the adrenaline wearing off.

The walk back was longer than the walk from the drop ship, and during that time, Magnolia had opened her eyes, although it hurt to move. She realised that she was being carried, and she angled her stiff neck to see her rescuer. She smiled slightly when she saw Finn's chiselled jawline above her hair.

"My hero," she whispered hoarsely. Finn's eyes darted down to hers, and he smiled back.

"Evening, flower. Keep your eyes open. We're almost home."

Maggie hummed. "Home." She head thumped against his chest again, but she did as he asked and didn't close her eyes. She just took in all the green around her, the sound of arguing filling her ears. Clarke darted forward, most likely to stop a fight, while Finn and Magnolia hovered near the back. She was more awake now, insisting that she could walk.

Bellamy heard the weak voice of Maggie and the amused tone of Finn as he helped Octavia down from the small step, her leg obviously causing discomfort. He looked and saw Maggie pushing his chest away.

"You'd lose a fight to an ant, Maggie. You aren't walking anywhere," Finn chuckled. Maggie pouted.

"I'll have you know, ants can sting. Of course I'd lose a fight to ant, now let me walk."

A pang of something made Bellamy frown at their interaction. He ignored it and addressed Clarke.

"Where's the food?"

Finn grunted. "We didn't make it to Mount Weather." He set Magnolia down on a rock, keeping a hand on her back in case she fell. Clarke instantly flooded to her side.

"What the hell happened out there?" Bellamy demanded. His emotions were running high, what with Octavia and Maggie hurt on their first day here.

"We were attacked," Clarke answered, Wells immediately becoming concerned.

"Attacked? By what?"

"Wasn't a 'what', love," Maggie ground out. She stared the dark boy straight in the eye. "It was a 'who'."

Finn continued for her. "Turns out, when the last man from Earth died on the ground, he wasn't the last Grounder." Clarke nodded.

"It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here-"

"People who didn't like when a scrap piece of metal burst into their atmosphere," Maggie muttered. She had perked up considerably well, noting that maybe running with a wound in your side was not the best idea in the world. Finn's hand left her back, replaced but the larger and more calloused one of Bellamy's. She smiled up at him. He didn't smile back.

He was too busy noticing the large red spot that stained her otherwise yellow jumpsuit. It was about the size of one-and-a-half handprint, stretching from just below her armpit to the bottom of her ribcage. For the most part, that only seemed to be the blood. They wouldn't know the size and intensity of the wound until they cut open her jumpsuit.

The thought made Bellamy blush. He cleared his throat and caught the last part of Clarke's speech, the previous part being drowned out by his thoughts of Maggie. He managed to focus in just as Wells addressed him about the wristband. He simply raised a brow.

"How many?" Clarke seethed. He didn't answer. Murphy did.

"Twenty-four and counting." He was smug for someone who set fire to a guard's quarters. Maggie narrowed her eyes into slits at him. Stupid.

Fortunately, Clarke felt the same way, hissing, "You idiots. Life support on the Ark is failing. That's why they brought us down here. They need to know the ground is survivable again, and we need their help against whoever is out there." There was stunned silence.