Part 4: (Present)

MACKENZIE'S POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I groaned and hit the end bottom before sitting up while rubbing my eyes. I looked to my right side and saw Spencer still sleeping peacefully. I smiled before gently shaking him. "Spence, wake up. We have to get up for work". I said. He groaned softly before laying on his back. "Five.... five more minutes". He said sleepily. I chuckled then pecked his cheek. He stayed up all night watching some sci-fi shows we watch together but I didn't get a chance to finish watching it because I was tired. "Love, we need to get up or else we're gonna be scolded by my dad and Hotch". I said while getting up from bed. I grabbed my towel and headed to the bathroom. I started up the water and started to undress then hopped into the shower. Once I was done, I turned off everything and wrapped my towel around my body. I looked at myself in the mirror. I stared at my right side of my face and trace my scars. I got my scars because of the accident and the doctor had to do surgery on me due to my head internally bleeding. Also I had open wounds because of the fall. I sighed to myself and grabbed my toothbrush. Soon I was finished with the bathroom and got out only to see Spencer sitting on the bed waiting for me. I smiled at him to which he returned and stood up. "Good morning Spence". I said. "Morning". He said before standing in front of me and he pressed his lips against mine. I kissed back but then gently pushed him back. "We can do this later, love. Right now, you need to get ready". I said. He nodded before walking away and into the bathroom. I dried myself up and grabbed a pair of clothes for me to wear. I wore a white blouse with a gray vest and a black cut vest, black pants, black loafers, and black ribbon tie.
(Ignore the hand purse)

I then brushed my hair and made two small braids that are exactly identical in length and then put them together using a scrunchie

I then brushed my hair and made two small braids that are exactly identical in length and then put them together using a scrunchie. I left our room and went to the kitchen and made a quick breakfast for me and Spencer. Once I was finished I heard Spencer coming out of our room. I heard him yawn which made me laugh. "I told you not to stay up all night watching that sci-fi show, love. You wouldn't be so tired". I said handing him his food. "But it was such a good show. The last one was about how NASA scientists found dark matter, signs of liquid flowing on Mars, and found a planet that's more massive than Earth around another star". He said as he ate his food. "That DOES sound intriguing. Too bad I fell asleep during that". I said as I ate as well. "Yeah you should've seen it". He said. Once we done eating, we cleaned up everything and grabbed our gun holsters with our guns on it, our credentials, our bags, and our coats. We left our apartment and headed towards the metro train station. Either of us like driving so we take the next best thing. Unfortunately, Spencer hates going there as well due to how many people are there and the germs that are in the train but he understands that it's either getting a car or riding the train.

A FEW HOURS LATER...

We got to the BAU and now we're in the elevator. Once we got to our stop, we got out of the elevator talking as we both were talking about statistics while walking towards our work areas. "Well, well. Look at the two love nerds talking". Someone said behind us. We turned around to see our friend Derek Morgan. "Good morning". I said siting down at my station and open one of the case files J.J. left for me to work on. "I'm going to get coffee. You want some? You're usual?"  Spencer said. I smiled and nodded before standing up and giving him a small peck on the cheek. He then walked away while Morgan gave me his signature smirky face. "What?" I said. "You two have been getting serious". He said. "Well we have been dating for a year now. Almost two". I said. "Yeah. I can see you two getting married in the future". He said. My eyes widen before blushing at the thought of that.

M-Me..... and Spencer.... married?

I heard Morgan laughing at me and gave him a glare. "S-Shut up!" I growled covering my face. I suddenly heard fast footsteps coming towards me but from behind. I turned and saw dad speed walking towards his office. "Morning dad". I said waving towards him. "Hi Zee". He said as he climbed up the steps then into his office and shut the door. I sighed softly before shaking my head. "Same old dad". I said. "Yep. Always wants to get ahead of his work with no distractions". Morgan said. Spence then came back with two cups of coffee and handed mine to me. Soon we started to work while soon saying good morning to Penelope and Emily as they started coming in. Emily is still new around here for about three months after Elle resigned. She is very nice and has an interesting background because of her mother being a U.S. ambassador. I finished my case files early cause I didn't really had much so I decided to go on my computer and looked up my mom. I sighed softly as I looked through my pictures of WWE screenshots. Mom does have other social media but I can't get onto it because A: I don't like today's technology and B: I would need to make an account in order to look at things on those social media platforms. I sighed softly again. "It's been 13 years since the accident and I had no contact with any of my biological family members. I have no clue how they've been outside of grandpa's company". I thought. I continued to scroll through the pictures until in the corner of my eye, I saw JJ standing next to me. I looked up at her. "Oh hey. What's up?" I said clearing my screen. "We have a case. You didn't hear me?" She said. "Oh. No, sorry". I said getting up and grabbing my bag. We walked up the stairs and into the round table room where we saw Dad, Spencer, Morgan, Hotch, and Emily waiting on us. "There you are". Dad said. "Sorry about that, guys. I sort of dazed off on my computer". I said sitting down in between Hotch and Morgan. "You ok?" Hotch said. "I'm fine. No worries". I said. "What are we looking at?" Dad said. "A family was brutally murdered in Clarksdale, Mississippi 11 hours ago. The parents, Oliver Thompson and his wife Katherine Thompson, along with their two sons, Gabriel and Andrew Thompson. The kids were beaten to death while Oliver Thompson was stabbed 17 times in the head and stomach and Katherine was shot three times in her chest. Each of them left in their bedrooms". JJ said as she showed pictures of the crime scene. "This whole scene looks like an act of revenge. Perhaps the unsub knew who they were". Emily said. "Or the unsub could've been watching them and killed them when they got their advantage". Dad said. "How long were the bodies there until discovered?" Hotch asked looking at the pictures. "For 5 days. They were found by Oliver Thompson's parents. They stated that they planned to visit them so they could take the boys to the park". JJ said. "The murder also could've been out of jealousy. The Thompson family seem like a wealthy family and both kids went to a expensive private school. But also in the crime scene photo of Oliver Thompson, it seems like the unsub had more anger towards him than the rest of his family". I said glancing at each photo in the crime scene. "Wheels up in 10". Hotch said as he gather his file of the case. I fixed up my file and then grabbed my bag and left the room following Prentiss and Morgan to the area where we all left our go-bags. Soon we all got on the elevator and waited until we got to the front entrance of the building. We were now outside and got into the black SUV so we could head to the airport.