✔LXIX - The History of Magic pt. I

Start from the beginning

Demian nodded as he needed to reach there immediately. "Perfect, then take us to Dragon city as fast as you can, Captain."

"Yes, your Highness." The captain put his hand on his chest as he bowed and left.

The morning salty breeze had a very calming effect on Demian's skin. The sea aroma had been lingering on the surroundings as he was still thinking about everything thoroughly and suddenly he felt a presence from behind. The heavy presence was no doubt of Casian's.

"Morning, dear cousin." Casian said as he stood beside him and leaned against the railing but Demian wasn't in a mood for rivalry chat nor into the mood of his playful games.

"Casian," Demian said as he thought for a moment. Casian could follow Demian to the port and led Seraphina to there which meant he knew what exactly was happening. No wonder he was the future duke-a well informed man. He certainly didn't understand his intention of leading Seraphina to the port in a dangerous place but he was glad he did. Because when the Eye of the Devil got activated, he felt an air was about to suck him but he heard someone pleading, 'Please don't. Not Demian. Don't take him away from me.' It somehow resembled Seraphina's voice but he knew she wasn't saying this and certainly the chuckle that followed after that wasn't any familiar voice.

"What is it, Your Highness?" Casian asked, "Do you perhaps want to ask what happened in the carriage when Princess Seraphina was with me? Or perhaps, you want to ask why she suddenly agreed with me?"

Demian gave him a look and shook his head, "Neither. I know you like to be informed about everything in Dragon City and I know well that you could follow me there because of your information. And as for the thing that happened between Seraphina and you, I could guess it by the sword mark on your neck."

Casian's jaw hung as he suddenly found it was very unlikely for Demian not to be riled up at all.

"Alright, you get it. So, what are you implying with the information part? Does Dragon Princes are now lacking informants?" Casian mocked but somehow he could see it had no effect on Demian.

"No. Just some insight would be great."

Casian had to blink his eyes and poke his ears to believe Prince Demian's statement. He wanted insights from Casian? As far as he knew, Demian never liked them and they had never liked Demian. What has changed now?

"I'm certain you have come across the name, Felis?" Demian asked as Casian looked at him but he didn't answer as Demian added, "Somehow, the way he did things seems very odd. If I really wanted to conquer the whole city, would I lend them money?"

"Well, I think, if he had replaced his money with them then yes, he could conquer it with his rights."

"Yes, instead he sent a bunch of wizards to get human slaves."

Casian was silent for a moment as he stretched his back. Now he felt bored, "Well, I don't know what he wants but it certainly didn't seem like he wanted to conquer Rockdelia knowing so well The Dragons will buy it back."

"So, you think, there was another motive?"

"Of course! Otherwise, why would he lend his money?"

Demian smiled and his eyes stayed at the cea as he said, "Well, I may have never liked you but I had always known that your foresight is greater than others."

Casian for the second time blinked and his jaw smashed on the ground. Demian seemed to be acting weird, no doubt in that. He was complimenting him? Was he hearing it right?

"Casian..." Demian's eyes held him and there was seriousness in them as he added before leaving, "There would be chaos that would fall on us and soon we need to act together. Be prepared."