Jihyo started sobbing, "I honestly thought I was able to escape from him. He was one of the reasons my life became the way it was. I wanted to forget him forever, but now he's back. I am honestly scared about what he is planning to do. I am worried beyond belief that he might do something to everyone else."

Tzuyu pulled Jihyo into a hug as she allowed the older woman to cry into her shoulder. She wrapped her arms protectively around Jihyo. She never suspected that there was more to Jihyo's past. Gucci even ran up to them and sat down. He whined out of concern for Jihyo as it was clear that one of his owners was hurt.

"It's okay. Even though I know the truth, I don't plan to run away. I am going to be right here by your side to support you. I am also certain that everyone else will support you as well," Tzuyu said softly as she rubbed Jihyo's back, "You do not have to apologize for lying. I understand how difficult it can be to talk about your past. I am thankful that you opened up and told me the complete story. You are brave and strong for doing so."

Jihyo separated from the hug and wiped her tears away, "Thank you, Chewy. Your support means a lot to me. The biggest thing that scares me right now is that my father has changed. The way he spoke and acted was not the same way he spoke and acted when I was still a child. I can't predict what he will do anymore. It will be difficult to deal with him."

Tzuyu leaned forward to place a kiss on Jihyo's forehead, "Then we will just have to work even harder to be several steps ahead of him. It will be hard, but I am certain that everyone's combined effort will help."

Jihyo smiled lovingly at Tzuyu. She loved how the younger woman was doing everything possible to cheer her up and support her. Tzuyu was happy that Jihyo gave her a genuine smile. Even Gucci started panting and wagging its tail as it could see that both of his owners were happy again.

"Tzuyu?" a woman's voice suddenly rang from the entrance of the garden.

Tzuyu whipped her head around and was surprised to see her mother. She glared at the woman before wrapping her arms protectively around Jihyo. Gucci stood up and started barking angrily at the woman as it sensed that Tzuyu did not like her. Tzuyu's mother was saddened by Tzuyu's reaction but was happy to see that she was protective of Jihyo.

"Is it okay if I sit on the bench beside you two? I have something I want to show," Tzuyu's mother asked.

Jihyo whispered reassuring words to Tzuyu to get the younger woman to loosen up. Tzuyu let out a sigh as she knew that Jihyo really wanted her to talk to her mother. She let go of Jihyo and told Gucci to stand down. The little dog ran in a little circle before lying down and falling asleep.

"Sit," Tzuyu commanded.

Tzuyu's mother sat down on the other bench and placed a small photobook on her lap, "For some reason, Jihyo's features looked very familiar to me, so I did some research and realized that the both of you played at the same daycare together. I think Jihyo was about five or six years old and Tzuyu was four years old. Jihyo would always be leading Tzuyu and taking care of her no matter what you two did. I even have some pictures from then."

Tzuyu's mother handed Tzuyu the photobook she was holding. Tzuyu opened the book for both Jihyo and her to look at. Their eyes widened in surprise as they recognized their younger selves in the photos. There were many pictures of them playing together and Jihyo being the leader. The most heartwarming picture was of them hugging each other while taking a nap. It brought a smile to their faces which brought a smile to Tzuyu's mother's face.

"This is... really us?" Tzuyu asked aloud.

Tzuyu's mother nodded her head, "Yes, it really is. I was hoping that these pictures would serve as the start of a beautiful friendship. The two of you would always talk about each other and how much you liked each other. It was really adorable. I was even close to Jihyo's mom but..." she paused to look at Jihyo.