I must have slipped off to sleep at some point, because I woke up around seven and pulled myself out of bed. I showered and got dressed as quietly as I could, then sat beside Cook.
"Wake up Cook, college" I whispered, tickling the back of his neck. He didn't stir.
"Cook? Up"
I tapped his neck a little harder, causing him to  groan a little and roll over. He squinted upwards to look at me.
"Get up, we've got college"
He stared at me for a second.
"Do we?"
"Yes! and we had a deal. I go if you go?"
"Did I say that?"
"Yes!! So get your lazy arse up and shower, now"
"Fine" He smiled.
"God you're annoying" I said, kissing the smile off of his face.

We walked to college afterwards, and pictures of the girl were everywhere. I wanted the ground to swallow me whole. All the feelings from last night came rushing back, and my hand started shaking again. Cook slung his arm around my shoulders and I leaned into him, staring at the floor.

I stepped into the common room, and surprisingly, everyone was acting normal. Everyone was sat around chatting and laughing as usual. The girl had been forgotten already.

"Tommo! How the fuck are you diddling my man" Cook exclaimed, as Thomas walked in beside us.
"What do you want?" Thomas snapped, grimacing. Looks like he's as shaken up as me.
"Alright man! I just thought you might want a friend today that's all. That shit with that girl. She was fucked up beyond"
I looked up at Thomas and gave him a sympathetic smile, before he turned to walk away.

"Wait.." He said, turning back around. "How do you know she was fucked up?"
"...I don't. I-I mean you just..assume don't you? Yeah?"
Thomas stared at Cook for a long moment.
"Yeah.." Cook awkwardly muttered, before steering us away from the conversation.
"What was that about?" I whispered.
"No idea" Cook replied.

We went over and sat with everyone, while JJ  showed us all a magic trick. Freddie had his arm across Effys shoulder as they stared into each others eyes, smiling. Pandora and Thomas looked the same, though Tommo still looked upset. Katie was on her phone, probably texting her newest boyfriend, but with Emily and Naomi something seemed.. off. Ems was ok, but Naomi was zoned out staring at the floor. I'm sure a tear came to her eye, before she quickly blinked it away out of Emily's view.

"What's on your mind K?" Cook asked.
I was sat on his lap while his hands were linked around me.
"Erm... Nothing, I'm fine" I shrugged.
He nodded and began to light a cig before someone shouted "You!" at him.
We looked over and saw some guy standing beside Doug.

"Yes, would you mind awfully not smoking?" He said.
Cook sheepishly put his cigarette away and snaked his arms around my waist again.

"Thank you. Just thought i'd pop down and say hi, I'm David Blood your new college director and i'm saying hi!" He smiled.
We all stared back at him, unimpressed.
"What happened to Harriet?" Freddie frowned, raising his hand a little.
"Harriet has moved on"
"Why?" Ems asked.
"Because because because.. let me see, how can I put this..because this place is rubbish and so are you! I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of you who broke into my house over the summer" He replied.
My jaw dropped a little, and I glanced around at Freddie and JJ who had the same expression. Cook stifled his laughter.

"Anyway, now we're all about change! Everything's going to change. We'll all do it together, yes? We can change. And if any of you find that difficult, I want you to know that I will find you, I will interrogate you and I will expel you. I will expunge you"
We stared at him blankly once again. Half of these lot didn't even know what those words meant.