seven

"Smashing" Cook said, before sitting up on the side of the bed and putting his clothes back on. I sat up and did the same.
We'd been sneaking around lately, a lot. In front of everyone else we remained normal but alone, everything was different.

"You free later?" He asked, once he had gotten dressed.
"Should be" I shrugged.
"Cool" He replied while a smile lifted on his face.
"Why?"
"You'll see, back in a bit" He said, before kissing me, and then leaving my room.

I was a little intrigued to know what he was planning, but I thought it might be nothing special. I took a shower and put on some black jeans and a black shirt, with an oversized grey shirt on top. I walked downstairs to see Liv, who stared at me with a gleam in her eye.

"Don't look at me like that, you're reminding me of mom" I grimaced, and walked to the fridge. Liv laughed, but still kept that same look.
"I've noticed Cooks staying around a lot" She smirked.
"Yeah..so?" I shrugged, glad that my face was planted in the fridge and not facing her. I didn't want any more of that 'making love' talk.
"Nothing, nothing. I'm guessing you guys talked it out then?" She said, still smirking.
My phone suddenly rang, cutting the  conversation.
"Saved by the bell" I muttered, under my breath.

"Hello?"
It was Freddie. 

"Hey Freds. What's up?"
"Nothing much. Listen, are you free later?"
"..."
I knew I wasn't, but I couldn't exactly say I was meeting Cook.

"Kal?"
"Erm..yeah I should be. Why?"
"Katie wants to have a party. At Gobblers End"
"The fuck??"
"Some forest"
"Oh, cool. Shall I tell Cook?"
"That's the thing, he's not invited"
"What? Why"
"Katie doesn't want it to be some kind of pikey-hoedown"
"I could just tell him to calm it down a bit"
"You know what he's like Kal"
"He's changing though-"
"Kal."
"...Ok I won't tell him"
"Cool. Anyway, I'll see you at Effys yeah? She's driving"
"Yeah, whatever"

I packed a small bag and walked over to Effys, just in time as everyone getting in the car. I drew the short straw and had to right at the back. Katie and Effy were in the very front, Emily, Freddie, Pandora and Thomas were behind and JJ, Naomi and I were in the very back smothered with all the luggage.

"Kal, you probably should have brought a jacket I mean, we aren't in the middle of winter but it is freezing today and your-"

JJ rambled on, and I replied in all the right places, but I still felt guilty about leaving Cook. I have no idea what he was planning, but what if it was special? I stared out the window as hundreds of cars drove by, blurring my eyes.
Our car stopped and juddered a few times, in consequence of Effys poor driving skills. She wasn't too bad though, considering she probably hasn't had proper driving lessons.

"Kal?" Naomi said.
"Hm?" I replied, still staring out the window.
"You look like your on another planet girl. What's on your mind?"
I blinked slowly and sat up, trying to focus my eyes.
"Um..nothing" I said before giving a half smile.
"It's Cook isn't it?"
"Shh!" I said, but the wall of duffel bags and half-opened tents provided a semi-soundproof area, and JJ had his head poked over the seats while he chatted to Thomas.

"It is! I knew it" Naomi nodded.
"That obvious?"
"To me, yeah"
"Shit"
Almost on cue, Cook rang my phone. I saw his name flash on screen and quickly declined.
Naomi saw everything from the corner of her eye.