chapter 163: That's All You Get...Moments With The People You Love

Sunday, July 26:

Ryan: 17; Liam, Finn, Ruby: 14; Luca: 13; Mira: 10; Leo: 6; Lily: 6

Baby Rytie: 40-3

-

"But daddy hasn't been answering his phone or texting for the last three days, mommy.", Mira sadly mumbled in her mother's arms as she cuddled with her. At the edge of the bed was Chewie already sleeping. "Do you think he is hurt?", she questioned, scared.

"Baby, I don't know...I also don't want to lie to you.", Amelia sighed and gently pushed a red curl out of her daughter's face. "Try to close your eyes, I'll snuggle with you until you have fallen asleep.", she promised.

"Okay mommy, I love you!", the ten-year-old let her mama know, who said it back and kept stroking the girl's hair until she fell asleep in her arms. The neurosurgeon noticed how she was overwhelmed by tiredness and exhaustion as well and decided to close her eyes for five minutes, too.

Ten minutes later, Liam walked downstairs, to join his family in the living room for Mario Kart. He noticed that the light in his little sister's room was still turned on and the door was open, so he glanced inside.

He felt incredibly sorry for his mom, who had fallen asleep next to Mira. She tried to act normal about the fact that his father wasn't only physically gone but also not calling anymore, which could mean anything.

But although she was afraid, she made sure her children weren't and reassured them at all times. His dad didn't even answer texts any longer. Quietly, the fourteen-year-old turned off the light and closed the door, before he finally made his way downstairs. Everyone was there besides Katie, who was probably going to give birth very soon.

"Where's mom?", Finn wondered when his brother walked into the living room. He currently shared Ruby's bed with her, since what happened with Ethan destroyed her more every day that passed. He was still in a coma and it broke her heart. She visited him as often as she could.

"In Mira's bed...she fell asleep.", Liam shared, causing everybody to gaze at him. "What? Should I wake and get her? I think we are good here without her.", he suggested confused.

"Please let your mother sleep, guys. It shouldn't be a surprise to any of you how exhausted she is at the moment.", Evelyn softly requested. She actually shared Amelia's bed with her but the way it looked, she had it for herself tonight.

"Grandma, do you think dad is dead?", Luca broke down in tears, after having tried hardly not to. "I can't find a good reason for why he doesn't call or messages anymore.", he sobbed in fear, finally saying what all of them were scared of.

"No, I am sure he is alive!", his grandma slowly answered. "You know...mothers have an instinct for such thing...just like your mama always knows when something's wrong with one of you, I feel it about your father. And even though we lost contact, I think he's generally okay."

---

Monday, July 27:

Ryan: 17; Liam, Finn, Ruby: 14; Luca: 13; Mira: 10; Leo: 6; Lily: 6

Baby Rytie: 40-4:

-

"Amelia, I think we have to go to the hospital.", Katie panicked after breakfast while she teared up. The actual date of birth had been four days ago. "My water feels like it broke but also like it didn't."

"Do you have contractions?", Ryan immediately questioned and got up to let his girlfriend sit back down. "Are you in pain? What can I do?", the seventeen-year-old began to panic as well since his daughter seemed to be on her way.