When the time came for the party, everyone from the class started getting ready in one of the largest halls.

Almost all the girls had changed into high heels and put on makeup. Only Qiao Qing was still wearing her military uniform and remained bare-faced.

Ji Chen said, "We are going up first. I will take you guys to get changed."

He then looked over to Qiao Qing, "We don't have much time so we can't practice. Are you okay if we just go when it's our turn?"

Qiao Qing was silent for a while. She scanned around and then nodded, disappointed.

Ji Chen sighed in relief. He thought Qiao Qing didn't want to dance with him because of that boyfriend of hers.

Chapter 301: Blunt and Violent

When Qiao Qing arrived at the changing room, her phone flashed.

She peeked at the text, put her dress into the change room, and went to the bathroom.

Mu Jinghang had been waiting for Qiao Qing. Once she got there, he handed her a shopping bag, "My third bro asked someone to tailor you a dress and some shoes. The ones your class got is far too cheap and many people have worn them before. What if you put it on and get an allergic reaction?"

Qiao Qing took over the bag and with much hesitation, she asked, "Where is he?"

"Who?" Mu Jinghang was confused, "Oh, my third bro. He has an international video conference tonight so he won't be here to watch you perform. Plus, he said that he doesn't want to see you dance with other boys. It will hurt his eyes."

The hand Qiao Qing used to hold the bag tightened. Without another word, she left.

Mu Jinghang held onto his chin and watched Qiao Qing disappear. Then, he made a "hmmm" noise.

His third brother sure was troublesome. So he wanted to surprise her. Was it necessary to lie to her?

Couldn't he see that his girl was dark in the face from anger?

What if he screws this up and instead of a boyfriend, he makes himself into an ex-friend?

By the time Qiao Qing returned to the change room, Chen Nanfeng had already changed.

She came up to greet Qiao Qing, "Qingqing, you haven't changed? Huh? Who made you mad?"

Qiao Qing was a little startled as she tried to control her expression, "I'm not mad. I just went to the bathroom."

Chen Nanfeng, "Oh, then go change quickly. It's almost time to go up."

Qiao Qing nodded and went to change.

When she took out the dress Mu Jinghang brought her, she realized that the color of it was similar to the one her class rented.

But when she looked closer, the material and the make were very high class. More importantly, it was tailored to her size.

Qiao Qing let her hair down and changed into her clothes.

The moment she left the changeroom, she was greeted with a round of exclaim.

Chen Nanfeng took Qiao Qing's hands and spun her around, "Qingqing, you're so gorgeous! You look exquisite in this dress!"

Some girl expressed confusion, "How come her dress is a little different than ours?"

Chen Nanfeng studied Qiao Qing's dress then studied her own.