right for you, ben chilwell

Start from the beginning

You didn't want to push it any further - knowing that if Ben was comfortable enough, he would talk to you. Hell, he told you everything. Maybe it was because the two of you grew up together, so he had to hit puberty much faster.

Ben got undeniably hot fast, all the girls at his old high school noticed that. You were about to ask him if he'd like to watch a movie, but his ringing phone interrupted, making you keep your mouth shut for now.

Ben suddenly straightened before grabbing the screen, a hopeful look flashing in his eyes as his girlfriend's name was projected in capital letters and a series of heart emojis. You rolled your eyes with a small smile and gestured for him to take the call, swallowing your pride seconds after he left the room. You left the house not long afterward, knowing you probably won't see your childhood friend for at least another week.

Walk in the streets with you and your worn-out jeans
I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be
Laughing on a park bench thinking to myself
Hey, isn't this easy?

You kicked a few pebbles off the path as you walked, with Ben by your side. It felt strange for the two of you to be together - but a strangely comfortable stranger, as if life was supposed to be like that.

He was trying to chat a little about the weather, which quickly turned into a funny story of how he fell face first in the rain during last Friday's football game.

Her eyes were mesmerized by him as he threw his head back in laughter, his hands maneuvering in strange ways as he portrayed how the event actually happened. You returned his laugh as you placed your hand on his bicep to steady yourself, little snorts following after.

━ I can't believe you still do that. Ben said, his hand briefly resting on top of hers to hold her against him. You raised your eyebrows in sync with the corners of your mouth, your laugh dwindling to a small laugh.

━ Do what? You'll have to elaborate, Chilly. ━ With his free hand, Ben lightly tapped the tip of his nose while smiling at his nonchalance.

━ That cute snort you make when you laugh too much. I hadn't heard this since we saw Madders get stuck in the invisible wall of tape.

The memory provoked her to put her hand to her forehead as she chuckled her iconic laugh once more, remembering poor James' shocked expression as he recovered from the seemingly transparent 'door' and the few seconds that followed where he was frozen trying to understand what had just happened.

━ This is definitely the sound of joy. ━ Ben said as he looked at you, just for you to poke him playfully.

Oh, I remember you driving to my house
In the middle of the night
I'm the one who makes you laugh
When you know you're about to cry

The end of the week approached faster than expected, especially since you spent most of your time pretending you didn't get Ben's text messages.

You needed time to pull yourself together and organize your priorities, and having him suddenly want you back in his life was an unexpected twist. You've always had a stupid crush on Ben, but unlike the vast majority of girls who did, yours started when you were both young ━ when you had just gotten rid of the braces, and he had already started playing for a football team for the first time.

It was Friday night, and you had just curled up under the sheets, trying to get comfortable as an oncoming storm began to form outside. Your phone was constantly indicating that you had a new message, but it was just Ben asking if you were going to the football game tonight. Like the other messages, you ignored it and continued your favorite show on Netflix.