Chapter 2: Someone Watching?

Erin woke up to a throbbing pain in her back. Rolling over, she realized that she had fallen asleep on the floor. She sat up and grabbed the shoe that she had been laying on and threw it across the room. Her dreams had been fucked up, consisting of the one thing that will haunt her for the rest of her existence. She could still see her father's cold, ruthless, stare boring into her as if willing her to die. Why didn't he just kill me when he was finished with me instead of leaving me to suffer through this worthless life? she thought. Forcing herself to get up and get ready for school, Erin took her clothes off from the day before and got into the shower. She closed her eyes and reveled in the burning sensation that the scaulding water brought to her cuts from the night before. Dried blood slowly faded and left just a thin red line on the inside of her wrist.

Quickly washing herself and getting out, Erin sighed as she thought about the school day ahead of her. Thankfully, the kids at school didn't treat her the way her mother did. Sure, she got a few disgusting stares but she didn't blame them for that. She felt disgusting in her own skin so why should she feel any pain towards the way they looked at her? Mostly they just left her alone, not paying attention to her and keeping their distance. Erin liked it that way. She never wanted to get close to anybody when she knew they were just going to hurt her anyway.

As Erin grabbed her bag and walked out of her room she noticed that her mom had left last night and hadn't yet been back this morning. Thank God, she thought, I don't feel like having to tend to a bloody lip before school. Locking the door behind her, she started on her usual route to school, stopping just once to light up a cigarette. Taking a long hit she thought about how easy it was to get her cigarettes. Nobody ever paid attention to her so it was easy for her to sneak behind the counter when the cashier went to the bathroom and take a pack and walk out. When Erin finally approached the doors of the school, she threw her cigarette on the ground and stepped on it. Walking inside and to her first class of the day she felt as though someone was watching her. She paid no attention to it, not wanting to draw anymore attention to herself.

As she sat down in the back of the Algebra room, arriving early as she always did, she realized that she still felt like there was a pair of eyes trained on her. Slowly risking it, she looked around the room to find that there was nobody there, focusing on the windows but then feeling stupid because the classroom was on the third floor. Playing it off in her mind, she rationalized the feeling as nothing more than her discomfort from the way she slept the night before. Her mind, however, argued back. If it's just simply discomfort, then why is that horrible feeling in your gut?

--------------

A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the late update! I don't have internet at the moment so I'm having to write whenever I get to my grandmother's. Hope you enjoy the latest chapter!!!