Chapter 1 - Daily Life Of A Complicated Teenager

Start from the beginning

The boy who was lying on the roof's floor rose from his state and leaned at the wall. They were sitting quite close to each other to the point people who saw them would mistake them for couple. Nevertheless, they were not like that at all.

"....you know about my elder sister and Yamamoto, right?"

"Yeah, your sister is in the Student Council even though she's my peer. Yamamoto, if I'm not mistaken, she's the popular girl who graduated from the same middle school as you. Yamamoto Yua."

"You're right."

"What about them?"

"Do you know that they hate me?"

"....I know that Yamamoto really hate you since I had seen her insulting you before. But, your sister....I can't really imagine that."

"As expected, even you could not see the hate in my elder sister's eyes. She hate me. Even at home, she treated me like air."

The boy spoke such things about her sister without any remorse at all. It was as if he had already resign himself to such fact. He did not even bother to mask it. The girl listened to him since she did not want to stop the boy from talking. She knew that if he stopped talking, it would be hard to make him talk again. It was from her experience of dealing with him for four consecutive years.

"Senpai, did you know that Yamamoto was my childhood friend?"

"Eh, seriously?"

"Yes, she was my childhood friend but now, no more. She sees me as an enemy she despises with her whole being."

"I can see that. But, why would she hate you so much?"

"I broke our promise. It was understandable that she would hate me because of that. Furthermore, I didn't even explain why. I just broke it and left her like that. Hahaha. Cruel, wasn't I?"

The boy laughed at himself derisively as he told her what happened vaguely. It was true, the boy was the one who broke their promise. Yet-

"Well, since it's you, you probably did not break the promise willingly, right?"

"....yeah."

The girl had faith in him that he would not do such cruel action without any reason. Despite knowing him for four years, she understood him quite well. She waited for the boy to continue telling her his story. However, no matter how long she waited, the boy never opened his mouth to speak again.

The girl did not force him. Instead, she put her hand of the boy's head and stroked his hair gently. The boy just let her be as he felt comfortable when she did it. The way they acted, it signified that this was their usual action.

Time passed and break almost ended. The boy stood up which caused the girl's hand to touch nothing.

"Senpai, I'll guess I'll tell you my story in another time."

"Well, I'll be satisfied with that for now. Good luck for the next classes."

"... Senpai too."

They left the roof together, but they separated at the stairs. The girl walked after going down the stairs after two levels while the boy went down just one level below her. They walked as if they did not know each other.

When the girl walked along the corridor, many students were looking at her with admiration and interest. The girl was quite pretty after all. Glossy black hair reaching her waist and clear black eyes with good proportions on her face. Her body was quite noticable too. She was a target of both admiration and affection amongst the second year students and all of the other students to put it simply.