"Four Troublemakers Walk into the Woods" - Platonic!Peter, Loki, and Wanda

Warnings: None

921 words

⎯⎯⎯ ୨ ୧ ⎯⎯⎯

I sighed in content, drinking my favorite drink at the perfect temperature, curled up with my favorite blanket, with my art journal open in my lap, the tools sitting next to it waiting to create something beautiful. It was a perfect moment.

Of course, that never lasts long when you live with the Avengers.

"Y/N!" Loki called, throwing my door open as it slammed into the wall. "Come with me," he said urgently, pulling me up on my feet.

"Wha-Loki, where are we going?" I asked as he continued to pull me along towards the door.

"Rogers is gone, and Tony is in the lab. No one will notice if we all slip out for a few hours." He smiled his usual devilish grin.

"That sounds like fun, but who is 'we'?"

"The four of us," an accented female voice spoke. I looked to my left and saw Wanda and Peter, both loaded down with food, blankets, and sweatshirts for everyone. I turned to Loki with my own grin. 

"Well, then, may the adventures start."

⎯⎯⎯ ୨ ୧ ⎯⎯⎯

"Peter, you don't even have your license yet," I said, holding my hands out for the car keys. The four of us had made it to the garage when Peter said he was driving. I didn't feel like dying today, so I'm driving now.

"Fine." He frowned, tossing them over. "Shotgun!"

"Shotgun? Why would we need such a weapon?" Loki looked confused.

"Shotgun means you call the front seat." Wanda explained to the god, but he still looked confused and grumbled something about 'silly Midgardians.'

"Come on, into the car we go!" I called as we all climbed in. I started the car, switching on the radio. 'Back in Black' by AC/DC blared through the speakers, courtesy of Tony Stark.

"I love Led Zeppelin!" Peter smiled, dancing around in his seat, making us all laugh.

"Oh, Peter. Tony would kill you if he heard you say that." I connected my phone to the speakers, playing instead "Way Less Sad" by AJR.

"To Whysteria Woods!" Wanda laughed. Whysteria Woods, or sometimes just Whyst, was what we all called the section of forest by the compound where we'd all hang out. It was a secret grotto we'd found one day when we were exploring, with huge stone walls and greenery everywhere. There was even a small pool of water inside it; in the summer we'd all swim, and in the winter we'd skate around on it. Loki decided he liked the cold after accepting himself for who he was and would make huge snow palaces, and Wanda made the best flower crowns in the spring. In the summertime, Peter would make us all hammocks out of his webs, and the fall? That was my season; fluffy sweaters, baked goods, and my favorite: just as everyone had the things they did in certain seasons, I would draw the team in the beautiful scenery. Whether it be just little doodles, or sketches, a full-blown painting, it always made them smile.

It was currently November 21, the height of the fall. Although, today wasn't a normal fall day.

Today was my birthday.

We had arrived at our little hideout, everyone chatting excitedly as we walked through the woods. It was small moments like these, just watching my friends all laugh and play around with each other, that made me happy. They made me happy.

"C'mon, hurry up!" Peter called, holding out his hand for me to take. I giggled at his impatience, taking his hand in mine as he pulled me along the path.

"Now, since today is a special day," Wanda emphasized that word, making me laugh again as she continued, "you have to close your eyes."

"Come on, really? I'm going to trip!" I said a smile on my face. 

"I'll hold to you so you won't fall. I may not understand Midguardians' silly traditions, but I do know a surprise is best revealed dramatically." Loki joked, wrapping his hands around my eyes so I couldn't see.

"You would know all about dramatics, wouldn't you?" Laughter erupted around us, and I felt myself being gently ushered forwards. 

"I will trip you." He shot back, though I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Nah, you love me too much," I smirked, hearing the god sigh behind me.

"And . . . open them!" I heard an accented female voice, and the hands around my eyes disappeared. My eyes jumped slightly at the sudden light, before widening again in awe.

"You guys!" I cheered, looking around our landscape that had been decorated with balloons, cheezy painted birthday banners, and a large cake. Tears sprung in my eyes as I turned and wrapped my three best friends in a tight hug. "Thank you!"

"Of course! How could we not celebrate your birthday!" Peter said, smiling his goofy smile at me. 

"Happy birthday, puny Midguardian." Loki teased.

"We're so proud of you, and who you've grown to be. We will always be here when you need us, okay?" Wanda pulled out of the hug slightly to place her hands on my shoulders, making sure I was listening to her.

I beamed widely. "I know. I love you guys so much!" I pulled them all back into a group hug.

"We love you more."

"Did I mention how much I love your new hair, by the way?" Peter commented. 

⎯⎯⎯ ୨ ୧ ⎯⎯⎯

@iamwhysteria Just a little something as a thank you :) I love you so much!