Spin-off: Day 47 (Her Side)

Start from the beginning

***

"Thank you for coming with me, Kuroko." She said, taking her gaze off the view outside the window to look at him. They were already riding a bus to get to Kaijou.

"As I said earlier, it's okay, Shinomiya-senpai. Kise-kun is my friend too." Kuroko assured, staring at her sincerely.

Silence passed by for a few moments before Kuroko decided to speak again.

"I'm glad your relationship is going well." He started. "Kise-kun is a nice guy so you are in good hands."

She chuckled softly. "Yeah, he is. You know what, I really thought he was gay for you."

Kuroko blinked his eyes innocently then scratched his cheek. "Thank you for proving that wrong, Shinomiya-senpai."

She held back her laughter as she reverted her gaze to the view outside the window, remembering the priceless moments Kise and her shared.

"He's an idiot, but I love him." She whispered.

And upon catching that, Kuroko softly smiled..

***

Stepping inside the gates of Kaijou High School, Kenly took a deep breath and clutched her chest. She didn't know why but her heart started to beat fast, an ominous feeling surging deep within her.

"Are you okay, Shinomiya-senpai?" Kuroko asked, quirking a confused brow.

"Yeah." She nodded her head, smiling. "Where do you think he is?"

"I sent him a text, he said he's in the gym for practice."

She deeply frowned. "Practice? With an injured leg?"

Kuroko only shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know too, but that's what he said."

"Did you tell him we're coming?"

He shook his head. "No, I didn't."

The two started walking towards the basketball gym, eyes wandering around the busy environment. There weren't many students around but athletes were running all over the grounds, jogging and training.

Once they reached the gym, Kenly's breathing hitched for some unknown reason. Kuroko slowly opened the door and they looked inside. Kaijou's practice had started and everyone was already busy..

..including Kise who just did a one-handed dunk.

"It seems like he's okay, Shinomiya-senpai." Kuroko noted, glancing at her.

Her eyes narrowed in confusion, chest tightening in slow realization of Kise's nonsensical lie. "I-I don't know. He said he injured his leg so he can't play tomorrow."

"But he's playing right now."

"Y-Yes, he is."

They stayed unnoticed for another few minutes before Moriyama Yoshitaka finally caught sight of them.

"Pretty chick at 6 o'clock." He exclaimed, interrupting their practice and getting everyone's attention.

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

Then everybody turned to the doorway, immediately seeing Kuroko and Kenly..

Kise Ryouta's eyes widened, shocked. "Kenlycchi.."

However, Kenly's eyes were focused not on him but to one specific person standing just next to him..

With eyes wide, Kasamatsu Yukio dropped the ball he was holding. He froze, unable to take his gaze away from the girl he had been missing, searching, longing all these years..

"E-Eah?" Kasamatsu whispered, still dazed.

Kenly took a step back, unable to fully comprehend everything that's happening. "Y-Yuki.."

Before she could move a muscle again, Kasamatsu was already running towards her, shoving his teammates aside as if there was hardly any second to waste. Everyone was apparently bewildered of his actions, but he couldn't care less.

All that mattered to him at the moment was her..

..only her.

Which was why the minute he crossed the distance between them, he immediately pulled her into a tight embrace.

Gasps and chatters were heard and Kuroko even looked real shocked at the scenario. Kenly's blurry eyes darted to Kise who was looking at them with an unfathomable expression, fists curled up in a ball.

"Oh god. Oh god.." Kasamatsu's grip on her was getting tighter and tighter with each passing second. Tears were streaming down to his cheeks, his voice was shaky and trailing off, his body was trembling and arms still wrapping around her protectively. "Oh god, Eah.."

She opened her mouth but realized she didn't know what to say. Not with everyone looking, not with Kise staring..

..not inside Kasamatsu Yukio's arms.

She couldn't choose the right words to say..

"Y-Yuki, I-"

Kasamatsu cut her off by nuzzling his face against her hair. Her familiar warmth and scent brought a smile on his face.

"I found you atlast.."