"We think we got a serious lead on the thing that killed mom." Ali looked up as Dean was talking on the phone. "So, uh, this warehouse, it's 1435 west eri. Dad if you get this, get to Chicago as soon as you can."

Dean closed his phone and Alison went back to messing with her overall straps.

"Voicemail?" Sam asked setting a bag on the bed.

"Yeah." Dean answered.

He turned around as Sam put the other bag down, Alison furrowed her brows at the rattling.

"Jeez." Dean said as he stood up. "What did you get?"

Sam chuckled.

"I ransacked the trunk. Holy water, every weapon I could think of, exorcism rituals." Sam listed off as dean unzipped the bag and started looking through it.

Alison leaned forward and reached into the bag, but Dean grabbed her wrist and pulled it away.

"I'm not sure what to expect so just expect everything, huh?" Sam said, dean nodded.

Alison reached over and pulled the side of the bag, opening it so she could see what was inside of it. It was basically the entire trunk.

She reached into the bag and started looking around, but Dean picked her up and set her off the bed.

"Stop messing, Alison." Dean said as he held his hand up to his brother who threw him a bullet.

Alison huffed. Sam cocked his gun and Dean cocked his.

"The big night." Dean said.

"Yeah. Nervous?" Sam asked.

"No." Dean hesitantly shook his head. "Are you?"

"No. No way." Sam hesitated.

Dean nodded and went back to what he was doing.

"What am I gonna do?" Alison asked.

"You're gonna wait in the car." Dean stated.

"But I wanna help!" Alison told him.

"Don't start. You're staying in the car." Dean said.

"But I can help!"

"Alison, you can't help! You're three years old."

"I'm four!"

"Same difference."

"You shot your first gun when you were four." Alison crossed her arms.

"Are you me?" Dean questioned her, looking her in the eye.

"I'm a weplica of you."

Sam looked between the two. Alison was right, she was an exact replica of Dean. But Dean was also right. She was four years old.

Even though Alison might be a little hurt that they weren't letting her help, it was just because Dean didn't want her getting any more involved with the life than she had to be. Besides, if this really was what they thought it was, that was too dangerous for a first hunt anyway.

"That's not fair!" Alison told dean.

"It's plenty fair. I said no, and that's final. You're staying in the car." Dean stated.

Alison crossed her arms and furrowed her brows.

"Get angry all you want, kid. It's not gonna change anything." Dean told her.

Alison ignored him.

"God, can you imagine if we actually found that damn thing? That demon?" Sam asked.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves, all right?" Dean told him.

"I know. I'm just saying, what if we did? What if this whole thing was over tonight?  Man, I'd sleep for a month. Go back to school. Just be a person again." Sam said.

Alison looked up at him.

"You wanna go back to school?" Dean questioned him.

"Yeah. Once we're done hunting." Sam said.

Alison stared at him in disbelief, as Dean hummed.

"What? Is there something wrong with that?" Sam asked his brother, the look Alison was giving him going unnoticed by him, but Dean definitely noticed.

"No, that's great. Good for you." Dean said.

"What are you gonna do when it's all over?" Sam asked him.

"It's never gonna be over." Dean stated. "There's gonna be others. There's always gonna be something to hunt."

"But there's gotta be something that you want for yourself, for Ali." Sam said.

"Yeah, we don't want you to leave the second this things over, Sam." Dean said walking towards the dresser.

"Dude, what's your problem?" Sam asked his brother.

Dean barely chuckled as he grasped onto the dresser.

"What do you think I drag you everywhere?" Dean questioned him. "Huh? I mean, why do you think I came and got you from Stanford in the first place?"

"'Cause dad was in trouble." Sam stated as Alison looked between them. "'Cause you wanted to find the thing that killed mom."

"Yes, that, but it's more than that, man!" Dean raised his voice slightly.

Sam barely tilted his head. Dean turned to look at him.

"You and Ali, and me and dad. I want us— I was us to be together again. I want us to be a family again." Dean told him.

"Dean, we are a family. And I'd do anything for you and Ali, but things will never be the way they were before." Sam said.

Alison looked down at her teddy bear.

"Could be." Dean hesitantly spoke.

Sam nodded slightly before speaking.

"I don't want them to be." Sam shook his head. "I'm not gonna live this life forever. Dean, when this is all over, you're going to have to let me go my own way."

Dean looked up at Sam, Alison furrowed her brows.

"Why is everyone leaving?"

Dean and Sam both looked back at her, seeing as she was keeping her head down and her eyes on her bear that was in her arms.

"What are you talking about?" Dean asked her.

"First mama leaves," Alison started.

Dean swallowed thickly.

"Then Sammy leaves, granpa leaves, and we get Sammy back but he's leaving again. What's next, are you leaving too?" She looked at dean.

Both of them were in shock.

"Alison, it's not like that." Sam told her.

"Then what's it like? Tause it sure seems that way." Alison tightened her grip on her bear.

"Alison, I'm not going anywhere." Dean stated.

"Are you sure? Tause that's what Sammy said too." Ali glanced at Sam who had a pained look on his face, remembering when he told Alison he wasn't going anywhere.

Alison was upset, and the two men didn't know what to say. Alison hadn't really mentioned her mother since Cassie.

She was hurt by people leaving her.

(I'm sorry, but there's going to be a part four to this episode. *I know, I hate it, too* Also, thank you guys for being pretty patient with me!)

Thank you so much for reading!
❤️